Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Toy Suggestions Please : )

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 1:39 am
Hi, I have a little birthday money set aside, around $100 for toys for my five year old son and two year old daughter. Can you please give me ideas of how to best stretch my $?

My son loves Lego and already has tons, my daughter needs some "girly" stuff because she has an older brother...besides dolls and strollers and play kitchen, what do you suggest for their ages?

Thanks!

behappy2

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 12:10 pm
I would do clics or magna tiles if you don't have those.

glamourmom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 12:14 pm
I like pretend play toys to fire up the imagination. playmobile or mitzvah kinder.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 2:46 pm
We got this toy recently. My 2 year old and 5 year old really enjoy it. It stays contained, was reasonable, good for fine motor, and helps learn colors. https://www.amazon.com/ALEX-To.....P4JPE

987gold

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 2:51 pm
Magnatiles!

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 2:56 pm
My 6 year old got playmobile for his birthday and loves it.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 3:07 pm
Thank you for all the suggestions... I never saw the button art before, that's really cute...Now we'll have to have all your kids over to play : )

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:23 pm
How about a puppet theater? Or an easel with marker & chalk board if you don't mind the mess Smile
Another vote for magna tiles- maybe with some big animals or 'mentchies' so they can develop some imaginative play with it. A car mat with cars is also fun for all ages.
Happy Birthday!

country

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:52 pm
I recently bought this my 3 and 6 year old both love it. It comes with marbles that go down a track that you build yourself. I hid those and instead use small gum balls just in case they put in mouth I would rather gum then marbles. I dont know if I would let a 2 year old use either.

http://www.target.com/p/mindwa.....17539

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
Hi, I have a little birthday money set aside, around $100 for toys for my five year old son and two year old daughter. Can you please give me ideas of how to best stretch my $?

My son loves Lego and already has tons, my daughter needs some "girly" stuff because she has an older brother...besides dolls and strollers and play kitchen, what do you suggest for their ages?

Thanks!
A costume chest. My kids never tire of playing dress up. It's the most requested toy when kids cover over to play too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers