Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Emanuel

Rachy510

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 4:51 am
Considering moving to Emanuel, anybody know anything about it?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 4:57 am
I live in Immanuel. What would you like to know?

Rachy510

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 5:03 am
Are you happy there? Do you have a car? Do you find that you have what you need in Immanel or you're traveling a lot, ie dr's, shopping, etc? How are the schools there? The community? Whatever you can tell me.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 5:21 am
Rachy510 wrote:
Are you happy there? Do you have a car? Do you find that you have what you need in Immanel or you're traveling a lot, ie dr's, shopping, etc? How are theschools there? The community? Whatever you can tell me.

We are very happy here, been living here for a few years. We have a car, but I work in the mercaz and take buses regularly- I don't drive. The buses to bnei brak/ petach tikva area are very convenient, run frequently. The buses and distance to yerushalayim is less convenient.
In terms of doctors we have great service- don't really need to travel for anything regular.
There are two kupas here clalit and leumit, including tipat chalav and speech therapy. Leumit also has an ent, orthopedic doctor locally.
There are two makolot and a netiv hachesed supermarket, a small "kolbo" homewares store and a little stationary shop. There is a local post office and bituach leumi office. There are various other local/ home-based sales for various things.
What kind of community are you looking for?
The community here is diverse, many different types.

Rachy510

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 5:36 am
One that we can afford? Just kidding. We are looking for chardei, preferably where there is some semblance of English speakers. I think we would buy a car, but still don't want to feel that I'm in the middle of nowhere.

I guess we would have to go for a shabbos to get a better feel for the area.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:34 am
My daughter, who is religious and divorced, lives in Immanuel and has been living there for several years. She was born in America and is a native English speaker but became totally bilingual after she moved to Israel. She seems to be fairly settled and content there. She does have a car and uses it to get to work and back. I've shopped in the stores there that amother Blue mentioned, and the people there are quite friendly and accommodating, although I find that most of them don't speak English in a way that I could communicate successfully with them (my Hebrew is very basic). Hope that helps. (I'm posting as anonymous because of my daughter's situation - I don't think she wants her whole life story out there.)

Rachy510

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 3:03 am
Any idea what the rent prices are? How long does it take to get to Bnei Brak or Petach Tikvah?

My hebrew is good enough to get around. The question is whether it's good enough to be able to make friends and feel like I have a social life.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 4:54 am
I will ask my daughter and get back to you, bli neder.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 7:11 am
Here's what my daughter said:

Rent 2000-3000 NIS
1/2 hr 45 min without traffic to petah tikva/bnei brak. [Note, I think she meant 1/2 hour to Petah Tikva and 45 minutes to Bnei Brak.]
You can make friends at shul, food or clothing gmach, shiurim. Theres an english shiur from May to Oct., otherwise only Hebrew. Also seniors get together a few times a week - aerobics, knitting, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions