Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Live abroad, but paid in dollars - bank account ideas?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 5:44 am
I don't live in the USA but work for a US company that pays in dollars. It really doesn't pay for me to lose on the exchange rate and I'd like to have an account where it stays in dollars and can be used in the US.

Is there an American bank account that I can apply for that doesn't require a Social Security Number?

Would an American Paypal account work?

I'm sure there are many others in this situation, please share what works for you.

essie14

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 6:05 am
I kept my US bank account when I made aliyah. I either get ACH payment or PayPal for work done for US companies.
You might need a US bank account to open a PayPal account.

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 7:39 am
Citibank does international accounts - we are in the uk, so have a £/ $ account, people can deposit $ into our account and we can either leave it as $ or transfer to £ but it's within citibank so I think the rates are better. Not sure if we needed our social security numbers to open the account.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 7:40 am
essie14 wrote:
I kept my US bank account when I made aliyah. I either get ACH payment or PayPal for work done for US companies.
You might need a US bank account to open a PayPal account.

Do any of those use your Israeli address? Or are they still registered in the US?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 7:46 am
You usually need a ssn and a proof of residence. It could be that you could find an offshore back.

essie14

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 7:47 am
amother wrote:
Do any of those use your Israeli address? Or are they still registered in the US?

All in the US.
I use a US credit card in Israel for most of my expenses and pay it from my US bank account.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 7:54 am
For an american bank account, almost every single bank will ask you for an american address (I had to check this out last year for a potential job). If you dont have a billing address, it will be almost impossible.
Also, in regards to pay pal or any of those type of payment sites, not all jobs will honor those sites. Just make sure your job will. I know that the company that I was going to work for were not going to work with pay pal or the like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics