Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Child psychiatrist in Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 6:51 pm
I am looking for a child psychiatrist in or near Lakewood
that takes Jersey care?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:07 pm
I also wanted and I was told there is no one good.

I pay cash. No choice. If there would be someone better in Lakewood I would go. Another one in New Jersey. Farther out, very very expensive. Charges over 6 for first visit. Relief has their name if you want it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:22 pm
how much did you pay for Pliver?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:31 pm
I think 3 something for first visit. Next visit. 125$. he diagnoses well. That's why I'm still with him, if there would someone like him with better accommodations I would go.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:37 pm
thanks for the info but I can't afford to pay that

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:42 pm
Sorry op but I don't think your are going to find a psychiatrist without paying privately. Child psychologist are in huge demands in New Jersey there is a huge shortage so why should he take Medicare?

debsey

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:43 pm
Children's Specialized Hospital takes Medicaid and has psychiatrists, but they have a year long waiting list, and you can't choose which doctor they will assign to your case.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:53 pm
Which pediatrician's office do u use?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:09 pm
There's a new child psych nurse at Chemed

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:11 pm
You could try chop. But I don't know how long it will take to get an appointment. They are at least an hour long drive from Lakewood. It usually takes me 2 hours including traffic and parking.

They probably take uhccp. They took mine. But it has to be medical. Like ADHD. If that's what your child has then chop will accept it. You need to ask. Try to ask through your pediatrician.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:26 pm
I drove to NY and paid privately. Yes, it was quite a few hundred dollars, but I felt that I had to go to someone experienced. I spoke to Relief a few years ago and it seemed that the very good psychiatrists do not take medicaid. The really good ones do not take any insurance at all.You should call Relief and see if something changed. Maybe there is a new psychiatrist in town that we don't know about. You should also know that in order to get a diagnosis, you can use a psychologist, not necessarily a psychiatrist. If you feel that your DC may need medication, I would go straight to a psychiatrist. A psychologist cannot prescribe medication, and you would need to pay twice.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 3:23 pm
who do you use in CHOP?

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 3:57 pm
If you cant find a psychiatrist, I have had a positive experience with a Behavioral and Developmental Pediatrician. Her wait list was much shorter then the Psychiatry department. She was really knowledgeable about the medication my son takes (prescribed by a neurologist I did not like) and all of the other ADHD, anxiety etc meds. I would research if there is someone like that in your area.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 2:35 pm
hi, bumping this up. op did you find someone in lakewood? what did you do? im asking because I need somone else then pliver. hes not a psychiatrist.

I am having an appointment with my pediatrician to hear what he has to say. until then I wanted to hear what anyone else has done. thank you.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 7:08 pm
I don't know if he is good-but I recently saw advertised that Chemed has a psychiatrist that supervises the mental health department. I think his name is Dr. Hirsh from Columbia. The ad said they can give a diagnosis. They have a nurse practitioner who manages the care and gives prescriptions.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 4:32 pm
Dr glen hirsh from Columbia is top in the field and he works with shaindy parnes the np who prescribes med there. I'm usin her and she's fabulous!

If you need someone go to her. She's the only option that takes uhc and not long wait. Dr fenster can help you too. He's a pediatrician but can definitely help. If your child is on the right meds and u just need refill.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 5:47 pm
Dr. Moshe Rose in Children's Specialized Hospital!

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 8:05 pm
I’m not in Lakewood but years ago I met Dr Glen Hirsch and I still remember the brilliant advice he gave me in dealing with someone in columbias Psych ward. I can’t believe he is in Chemed once a week- wow.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 8:36 pm
hes not in chemed. the np works with him. she discusses all the cases with him. dr. hirsh does not have the time to come down personally. whatever issues she has she forwards them to him.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 8:43 pm
amother wrote:
Dr. Moshe Rose in Children's Specialized Hospital!

were you able to choose him? or its like I thought you dont have a choice who you get?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)