Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Product for curly sheitle

mammale

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 7:40 pm
My sheitle is a bit wavy and very frizzy, I like to wash it and let it dry curly, so I'm looking for a product that will help keep a curl and minimize frizz. What is OK to use in a sheitle??

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 7:50 pm
I am an ex-shaitle macher. I'd use this: https://www.moroccanoil.com/ca.....am-ca
just scrunch the bottoms and add a tiny drop to the tops.
If you have bangs, blow dry them. If you have shorter layers going back I'd curling iron just those two top side pieces in the front to curl towards the back. Use heat protectant before using a curling iron https://www.walmart.com/ip/got.....h=sem

mammale

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:09 pm
Thanks! And with styling advice to boot!
I'm not sure I'm understanding how to apply it. Are you saying not to comb it through?
Are there any cheaper options that will be fine for a sheitle?
Also, can you recommend a curling iron? ( I don't want to spend a lot)

PassionFruit

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:35 pm
Sure, I'll try to be more specific. Wash the shaitle on the head. Brush it out so there are no knots. Now, whatever pieces you want away from your face, comb back. If you want volume at the top, take a section from the crown and comb it back. Now, use the product (it is worth it to buy this, it is a great product. Think of all the money you are saving not sending to a shaitle macher). Put a pump or two in your fingertips and hold the bottom of the hair and scrunch upwards. Now, split the back of the hair horizontally into two sections. Take the top section and do the same scrunching with a bit more product (so that you get some volume to the layers as well). Scrunch hard, almost violently, really squeezing so you get to the tops. Now don't touch the thing until the morning or until completely dry. When it dries, it may look a bit wet. It isn't. The product just needs a bit of love. Do the scrunching motion one more time until the product loosens and you will have fabulous, beautiful natural curls. If you have bangs, now is the time to apply heat protectant and blow dry. If you do not, take two sementrical 45 degree triangles from the part towards the front of your head. Brush that out. Now apply heat protectant and curl those backwards. You do not need a fancy curling iron, any will do and as long as you are using heat protectant religiously, you won't burn the wig. It should look very good at this point. I would do one more step, lightly brushing the first inch of the wig all around the part to loosen it up and make it look more natural. Then I might eye the back of it and see where a little bit of curl could be added to the ends with the curling iron to make it look more done (but still natural). I hope that was clear!

mammale

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 3:31 pm
Thank you for the detailed instructions so clear and helpful!
I have just a couple more questions
Does this product help with frizz also? Should I use something else as well?
when curling the back where I have already put product, should I use heat Protectant as well?

Thank you for all your help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels