Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o comparing our generation: Smartphones
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 11:56 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
The comparison of the Internet to cancer is the root of the problem with the Charedi communities handling of the Internet/outside world, and consequently of OTD kids.

Wasn't comparing smartphones to cancer at all. Just pointing out that one need not have been personally inflicted by wtvr he is advising others in. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 12:06 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I'm not sure if I get the bolded.

Well to put it another way

Making a takono people can't keep is assur. So to do so it to follow obe's yetzer hara .

And therefore - a total ban of smartphone is against halacha, is going against Hashem's will.

Whereas using a smartphone (properly, with filters, got a good purpose, not too much) is doing Hashem's will.

Maybe.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 12:07 am
[quote="mommy3b2c" Instead of banning things left and right[/quote]

You implied, as did others, that the asifa, and that most rabbonim today completely ban any internet or smartphone use. On the contrary, they are pushing for responsible internet use. That was the agenda of the asifa, getting offices and ppl who have internet access at home to install reliable filters. This is what they are pushing for now.

But u seem to think even that "creates hysteria." You seem to think they should let ppl think for themselves and condone unfiltered internet.

Wtvr there's no point in arguing this, it's not like anyones changing their minds because of this thread...

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 12:24 am
amother wrote:
[quote="mommy3b2c" Instead of banning things left and right

You implied, as did others, that the asifa, and that most rabbonim today completely ban any internet or smartphone use. On the contrary, they are pushing for responsible internet use. That was the agenda of the asifa, getting offices and ppl who have internet access at home to install reliable filters. This is what they are pushing for now.

But u seem to think even that "creates hysteria." You seem to think they should let ppl think for themselves and condone unfiltered internet.

Wtvr there's no point in arguing this, it's not like anyones changing their minds because of this thread...[/quote]

You just made up a bunch of things that I didn't say.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 1:06 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
You just made up a bunch of things that I didn't say.

Um no. Didn't say you said all that, but what I did attribute to u was taken directly from ur post.

Not interested in a pointless back and forth. But in case u needed another problem caused/generated by excessive smartphone/internet use, here's one. Endless arguments, all day and every day, with perfect strangers, right here at your fingertips...

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 2:03 am
amother wrote:
....... But in case u needed another problem caused/generated by excessive smartphone/internet use, here's one. Endless arguments, all day and every day, with perfect strangers, right here at your fingertips...

This. Sent from my smartphone.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics