Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking for a job in project management
Previous  1  2

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 8:07 pm
amother wrote:
They also don't copy and paste from Wikipedia without citing it. Wink

I wasn't writing an essay, or anonymously taking credit for anything. I was answering a question. Geez.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 3:39 am
I work in Project Management (though no leads, sorry OP, we are on a bit of a hiring freeze in my department). Anon because I don't need people figuring me out.

All the people saying "oh that sounds like my job" - yes! All managerial level roles and higher tend to require project management SKILLS. What PMs do - is do this for their entire job, and they work in companies obviously where that's needing. It's about understanding the elements of a successful project, being organized, and being a people person and a good communicator (in order to smooth ruffled feathers, deal with politics, and work with c-suite executives on things they may not be interested in working on).

Good luck OP - I find my job very rewarding, hope you find something soon.

ETA: I don't have PMP certification, my job didn't require it. But, my organization does have internal corporate education classes and I've taken a few related classes that have been very helpful. If you can find a course to take if you haven't already, I'd highly recommend it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics