Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood high school interviews

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 6:45 pm
Can someone tell me what happens at an interview?

Do they test the girls in learning? Question them on their outlook in life? Question mothers? What can I expect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 10:09 am
There are so many Lakewood mothers posting questions about high school and getting answers from parents why can't anyone tell me what an interview process is?

I'm not asking for the exact rashi they will test my daughter on I just want to know sort of the process and what it's like? Is in an interrogation for the mother or the child? Does anyone mind telling what they do at an interview?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 10:45 am
For the student interview, usually there will be two interviewers - one teacher that will assess her academic level by assigning her a Rashi to prepare and asking a few questions on it - and one personal interview where she will be asked various questions. A few of these might be - what do you do in your spare time? What do you like about your elementary school? What is your favorite subject? etc...

My friend who does the Chumash interview for one of Lakewood's biggest high schools told me she basically is screening for big learning issues. She gives a check if she gets the feel that the student is normal. Maybe a check plus if the student is exceptionally bright. That's it. It's nothing more than that.

I've heard that some schools are now interviewing mothers (they didn't used to.) They are looking at your tznius level. And they will ask you questions, like why you want their school, etc...

debsey

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 11:21 am
I found the mother and daughter interview to be very non- threatening. No interrogation. The principal asked my daughter about a dilemma she's been through. She then asked my thoughts on my daughters dilemma. She asked my daughter to read a rashi, complemented her on her reading, and then told us a short dvar torah on that rashi. She invited questions about her school. It was pleasant. You had a sense you were being assessed but it wasn't hostile or threatening. Of course I dressed carefully and so did my daughter. But that was the least scary part of the HS application process.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics