Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Guest room necessities - please post all ideas!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

skee

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 9:08 pm
Sounds like you are a wonderful hostess! I like the suggestions from other posters as well. I think for sure a phone charger - maybe even two. I agree with paper and pen, extra pillows and blankets, negel vasser cup/bowl, and clock that can be seen in the dark.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 9:10 pm
A lock on the door that works!

You're a great hostess!!!!

trixx

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 10:37 pm
before reading what everyone else posted -
tissues
water bottle
GARBAGE CAN in the bathroom
baby wipes in bathroom
lady products (pad, tampon, bedikah cloths) in bathroom - put nicely in a wicker basket or something together with other things, it's obvious it is for the guest use
mouthwash with little paper cups
kosher lamp
lock on door
clock esp if it's shabbos
extra towels/hand towel
bath products that don't look like they've first been used by your kids
hand soap

Pita

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 11:04 pm
OMG! Don't you want them to ever leave?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 11:13 pm
If hosting out of country guests a landline phone is very helpful. When I visited England for a wedding we only rented one phone as hubby and I were either going sightseeing together or when at the simcha I was able to reach him on bil phone. Our host had a corded phone that we were able to use and was a lifesaver to me when hubby was in shul. ( it only had outgoing call option I think) another very nice thing, cuz it was set up as hachnosis orchim, had a mini fridge with juice and milk, phone book. Electric kettle. Tea lights. Paper goods and plastic tablecloth etc. Not sure if u encourage eating in your guestroom but if yes this is helpful.
H' should give u koach to do lots of mitzvos with ur guestroom!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 11:13 pm
A sheitel head n turban if she uses em
Most important: tell her to feel at home n make her feel comfortable asking if she needs something
Preparing bedika cloths imo sounds like a joke cuz if she needs it she probably packed it up but if it's part of a pkg well

cnc

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
A sheitel head n turban if she uses em
Most important: tell her to feel at home n make her feel comfortable asking if she needs something
Preparing bedika cloths imo sounds like a joke cuz if she needs it she probably packed it up but if it's part of a pkg well

I think is a good idea, because if she forgot to pack them this is not something she'll feel comfortable asking for.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 11:21 pm
Wow such good suggestions everyone, thank you!! And yes I do want them to leave eventually but be genuinely comfortable while they are here! I don't let food there, I always show them where they can help themselves to cookies, coffee, etc.

momtra

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 11:30 pm
Some plastic shopping bags,I feel like we always need them( diapers, laundry)
But sometimes forget to pack them

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 11:44 pm
amother wrote:
Wow such good suggestions everyone, thank you!! And yes I do want them to leave eventually but be genuinely comfortable while they are here! I don't let food there, I always show them where they can help themselves to cookies, coffee, etc.

I appreciate the cookies because I don't always want to get 'dressed' enough to sneak into the kitchen Wink

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 12:25 am
esmom wrote:
I would love to be a guest at your house!! You seem to have more than needed. Just one other thing perhaps a fan. Many people I know sleep with fans. Some do it to drown out the noise (like a soundmaker)

I agree! I always like to have a fan on while I sleep for that reason.
But it's just a nice extra, so not a necessity.

Seriously you have all the best stuff! I once stayed at someones house like that and we were so appreciative and my husband and I said when we have a house and guest room (G-d willing on day) we want to make it as comfortable as that.

sequoia

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 12:38 am
Electric kettle. V. important.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 12:41 am
if you want to go the extra mile think down pillows & blankets ... they make a bed that much more comfortable

you can add tweezers plus a magnifying mirror to the bathroom [for that unnerving hair you forgot to pluck]

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 3:59 am
I know that you probably don't have them in the guest room but one place that I stayed out of town had a lot of bookcases with Seforim in it. So the hostess put the cheap temporary shades at the top of each bookcase so you're able to lower the shade if you want to be together with your husband while staying there. This way this sefarim can be covered easily if necessary. I thought this was very thoughtful.

(keep in mind that she has her married kids come for extended periods of time)

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 5:22 am
I'm coming!

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:02 am
People don't even use most of those at home.

maidale

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:27 am
Your guestroom sounds like a 7 star hotel!! I think your're really well covered and your guests will feel right at home there. I just hope they remember to leave eventually😂😂

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:30 am
I have my married kids coming for pesach. I'm saving your list. I also put bottles of water & baby toiletries.
I hope they don't leave!!

simcha2

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:37 am
greenfire wrote:
if you want to go the extra mile think down pillows & blankets ... they make a bed that much more comfortable

Just to show everyone is different, I and my kids are allergic to down. This would be really hard for us in a guest room.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:59 am
tissues, water bottles, extra blankets
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics