Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Dark vinyl flooring for narrow kitchen???

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 8:06 pm
Need new flooring for my kitchen- right now there is hardwood flooring which looks awful. It is a high traffic area and I know if we sand and restain it will look bad in a month. I found some kind of fancy schmancy vinyl plank flooring called CORETEC brand that says waterproof scratch proof etc. I think I even found a color I like, but it is on the darker side and we have a galley kitchen. I have a sample and it looks really elegant, but I worry that the dark floor will make the kitchen feel smaller. Our cabinets are a beige laminate and the counters are a black granite.
I thought about tile that looks like wood, but eventually the grout will start to get that dirty look and that will annoy me. Plus I heard it is hard to stand on tile for a long time because it is so hard(although all floor is hard, but whatever)
Anyone put in laminate in their kitchen and not have it buckle from being wet I it a bad idea to go dark?
Thanks!

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 8:15 pm
Dark floors / walls / ceilings make a room look smaller.
Vinyl tiles aren't hard to stand on, ceramic tiles are hard to stand on. Porcelain is supposed to be better but still can pull at you veins. My mom has that. I say supposed becuase thats what the guy at the place she bought the tiles from said. I did not find that to be true at all.
My mom had vinyl tiles before porcelain stone.
It lasted 20 years and was very nice looking. No issues standing.

GL

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 8:16 pm
IMO dark flooring would be a mistake. It will make your kitchen look small, dark and depressing, especially since you already have black counters swallowing up their share of light.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 8:43 pm
Thanks- It just looks so pretty, but I hear what you are saying- maybe I go back to the store and see if there is a lighter version....

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 8:55 pm
I have a small galley kitchen and I have white counters and white vinyl. When we were redoing the counters a few years back the LL offered me stone. I refused, I drop pots and things and like a clean bright workspace so I got chemproof white matte formica. With the white wall, counters and floor the space looks larger and is really very light. The cabinets were refinished and painted last year, I went with a creamy tan on the frames and a pale mossy green on the doors and drawers and now that little space just pops.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 9:41 pm
sounds beautiful- thanks for sharing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars