Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What color is your Living Room, Dining Room? ceiling color?
Previous  1  2

What color is your dining room living room (one room)?
red or burgundy  
 2%  [ 3 ]
White or cream or light beige  
 50%  [ 57 ]
gray  
 22%  [ 25 ]
yellow  
 5%  [ 6 ]
shade of blue  
 9%  [ 11 ]
shade of purple  
 1%  [ 2 ]
orange  
 0%  [ 1 ]
shade of green  
 2%  [ 3 ]
brown  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 112

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:06 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Living room and dining room walls are a medium beige color. Ceilings are not white because they are extremely high and slanted -- they are a light beige. Moldings, casings and trim are stained oak matching the oak flooring. My whole home is in the general color scheme of beige-bronze-gold-brown. This is in a new home built this year.

I've always loved those warm colors. Sounds beautiful!
Most of our place is in a similar color scheme, except the master where I extended dh the opportunity to choose.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:37 pm
My dining room is lavender, with hite moldings and ceiling. we have a dark wood dining set and a light wood breakfront/bookshelves, which I think goes beautifully.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 9:14 pm
anonymrs wrote:
My lr/dr is this color, with about 1-3 feet of wall separating the rooms. The middle wall and the trim are white. It's such a fresh, crisp look; I love it. It's also very versatile, coordinating well with a lot of colors and styles. I'm very happy with it.

Here's the link to the color - http://newhousebuilder.com/wp-.....0.jpg

https://www.benjaminmoore.com/.....C-116

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 9:23 pm
Mine is a pale purple-hued gray. It is magnificent. I don't know what the color is called!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 10:42 pm
I didn't answer the poll because mine is peach and I don't think orange means peach. The funny thing is that DH and some of my boys insist the walls are pink. I suppose in certain light. I have mahogany toned furniture and I once saw a picture in a decorating book of pinkish walls with mahogany which I loved, so I did s/t similar.

I've had this color for decades, literally. At one point we had a coral recliner and coral and brown fabric on the DR chairs. We've had a peach couch with little green designs, a grey-blue, a minty sort of green leather, and now brown leather. But the dining room chairs are a minty or seafoam green design with peach in it. And of course various pillows have changed over the years.

I've used greys and beiges in some bedrooms, but mostly I prefer blues as they're very restful. Orange tones are supposed to stimulate the appetite - that's why you see them a lot in restaurants. If your family is weight conscious, though, it might not be a good choice!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics