Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
How to defrost chicken schnitzel

tova5

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 4:09 am
If I want to make chicken schnitzel in advance for 7brachos, how do I defrost it that it should be as fresh and crispy? I do not have fleishig oven. Thanks

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 4:20 am
I dont understand your question. You defrost it b y letting it stand outside of the freezer for a few hours.
What difference will that make in terms of how your shnitzel will come out at the end? Im assuming you are going to fry them, so whats the big deal about defrosting them?
Im sorry if I just dont get it, but you would just defrost them like normal.

tova5

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 4:29 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I dont understand your question. You defrost it b y letting it stand outside of the freezer for a few hours.
What difference will that make in terms of how your shnitzel will come out at the end? Im assuming you are going to fry them, so whats the big deal about defrosting them?
Im sorry if I just dont get it, but you would just defrost them like normal.

I want them to taste as if its just been fried!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 4:31 am
tova5 wrote:
I want them to taste as if its just been fried!
OK, I went back to your OP.
If you have to make them in advance, then you have to freeze them, no? Can you make them the same day as the sheva brachot?

miriamg

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 8:02 am
One alternative is to prepare the schnitzel in advance and freeze before frying. I.e., clean, cut, bread the schnitzels. Then lay them in an aluminum pan lined with parchment paper, in layers, with parchment paper between the layers, and freeze. More than half the work has been done, and when you fry them when you are ready to use them, they will be fresh.

Maybe My Family

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 9:53 am
miriamg wrote:
One alternative is to prepare the schnitzel in advance and freeze before frying. I.e., clean, cut, bread the schnitzels. Then lay them in an aluminum pan lined with parchment paper, in layers, with parchment paper between the layers, and freeze. More than half the work has been done, and when you fry them when you are ready to use them, they will be fresh.

I do this all the time ! The messy work is behind you and you get to fry them fresh ....

mgyb

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 3:48 pm
Just wondering...do you defrost the breaded chicken before frying or do you fry the chicken when it is still frozen?

BatyaEsther

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 4:07 pm
mgyb wrote:
Just wondering...do you defrost the breaded chicken before frying or do you fry the chicken when it is still frozen?

If you fry the chicken frozen, the inside will be raw and the outside burnt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey