Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Can money still be made selling on Amazon?

Can money still be made selling on Amazon?
Yes  
 77%  [ 34 ]
No  
 11%  [ 5 ]
Other  
 11%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 44

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 8:06 am
I'm willing take take a course to learn the ropes but only want to do that if theres a reasonable chance that I could be successful.

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 8:56 am
for courses I recommend these:

http://thesellingfamily.com/mu.....lers/

AND YES----- you can DEFINITELY be successful. PLENTY of people are--- you have to be committed to put in the daily work and be willing to learn new skills--- scanning, online sourcing, bookeeping, shipping templates, keeping up with where you owe sales tax and when, and of course good old schedule C assuming you're doing it as a sole proprieter. But it's a really interesting business---- I, myself, am intrigued and might drop all my other stuff someday and go for it. My kids need to be older and more independent first.

lucky14

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 9:49 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
for courses I recommend these:

http://thesellingfamily.com/mu.....lers/

AND YES----- you can DEFINITELY be successful. PLENTY of people are--- you have to be committed to put in the daily work and be willing to learn new skills--- scanning, online sourcing, bookeeping, shipping templates, keeping up with where you owe sales tax and when, and of course good old schedule C assuming you're doing it as a sole proprieter. But it's a really interesting business---- I, myself, am intrigued and might drop all my other stuff someday and go for it. My kids need to be older and more independent first.

where did you hear about that site?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 9:59 am
Yes you can be successful but first you need a good product. All the courses won't help if you can't get your stuff for very cheap. You need to offer a good price to make a lot of sales. Amazon takes a large percentage and accepts returns easily so you have to factor that in.
That being said I am a sahm and I sell some stuff on amazon fba. I don't make that many sales but I view it as residual income since I am not at all busy with it.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 10:02 am
Yes. For sure!!!!

gp2.0

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 12:33 pm
It's possible to make small potatoes on Amazon. It can be a very good side income. But Amazon has a nasty edge, so I would never consider it a full time job. They can shut you down without warning and ban you from ever listing again, at their discretion. If you have a best selling item, they'll source it themselves (sometimes demanding that you disclose your manufacturer or wholesaler) and they will sell it for cheaper.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 12:47 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
It's possible to make small potatoes on Amazon. It can be a very good side income. But Amazon has a nasty edge, so I would never consider it a full time job. They can shut you down without warning and ban you from ever listing again, at their discretion. If you have a best selling item, they'll source it themselves (sometimes demanding that you disclose your manufacturer or wholesaler) and they will sell it for cheaper.

My brother sells on Amazon. He said they asked for the invoice for one of his best selling products in order to go directly to the manufacturer and get it for cheaper and sell it for less. Once that happens your inventory for that product is basically worthless. You want to stay under their radar.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 1:03 pm
I agree, that you first need to make sure you have a good product, before taking expensive courses.
You also need to make sure that you are approved in that category. Many brands also do not allow you to sell on Amazon, unless you are a legitimate retailer. So you can't just find some fabulous fisher price closeouts and resell them on Amazon, because of this restriction.

Many people make millions selling on Amazon, I know one that only started 2-3 years ago. But you need the money to invest, and be able to fall back on something until it hopefully takes off, and you need some really good products. (Most people do Private Label as opposed to branded products).
I know that said person had a lot of money to invest, to begin with. I'm not sure if he borrowed or took a loan. But there's a lot that goes into being successful on Amazon.

You can do it, just like all the others. Loads of luck.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
My brother sells on Amazon. He said they asked for the invoice for one of his best selling products in order to go directly to the manufacturer and get it for cheaper and sell it for less. Once that happens your inventory for that product is basically worthless. You want to stay under their radar.

I guess if you refuse they throw you off as a seller? Sad

bookie

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 2:22 pm
amother wrote:
I guess if you refuse they throw you off as a seller? Sad

Yes.

BrachaBatya

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 12:56 pm
AMAZON, yes. Ebay - not so much these days.

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 1:20 pm
I think the hard part would be finding merchandise that would be competitively priced unless you are filling a niche but underserved market. If you can find goods that you can turn at a profit, money can be made but the competitive m is fierce because you are competing with cheap goods for China especially since they can ship relatively cheaply for small stuff using epacket
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics