Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
For those who sleep train. Thank You.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 9:00 am
I want to thank everyone on this forum that has been encouraging and supporting me to sleep train my daughter. I never could have believed how much better she would sleep and that I would ever get my life back.

I am the amother who posted recently about my 9 month and than 10 month baby. I am also the amother who posted about putting her kids in foster care.

I have been in such a bad place and you all helped me pull out. I can see a future for me and for us as a family.

Thank you all so much.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 9:58 am
I don't think I helped but I'm a big proponent of sleep training and don't understand these moms who wake with their older infants and toddlers every 3 hours. I'm so glad that you are doing better

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 10:01 am
pesek zman wrote:
I don't think I helped but I'm a big proponent of sleep training and don't understand these moms who wake with their older infants and toddlers every 3 hours. I'm so glad that you are doing better

You were actually one of the very helpful ppl who responded to me. A personal thank you from me to you.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 10:06 am
Its so nice to hear you are doing better!
Im actually surprised to hear because most people in this site are NOT proponents of sleep training and it did not sound like you got much support.

I have been working on sleep training using the baby whisperer techniques ever since my son was 6 weeks old. There are some days that I want to just give up and am sure that it's not working. I have everyone telling me he's too young to be trained....

He is now 4 months old and w have bH made tons of progress. Like I see pesek zman says, there are sometimes setbacks. My son has constant colds so he keeps on waking up from coughing.

But in the end, it's clear that it's not just me that's happier, but my son is happier!

Last edited by amother on Sat, Feb 04 2017, 10:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

pesek zman

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
You were actually one of the very helpful ppl who responded to me. A personal thank you from me to you.

I'm so glad!

Be forewarned that baby sleep is a moving target. Illness, travel, teething, developmental stages may disrupt sleep again. Sleep training may need to be ongoing but as you know it's worth it

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 10:53 am
pesek zman wrote:
I don't think I helped but I'm a big proponent of sleep training and don't understand these moms who wake with their older infants and toddlers every 3 hours. I'm so lad that you are doing better

Im not into sleep training at all, but I feel the need to comment.
I never woke up my baby for feedings, but I did not sleep train him. The two do not necessarily go together at all.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
Im not into sleep training at all, but I feel the need to comment.
I never woke up my baby for feedings, but I did not sleep train him. The two do not necessarily go together at all.

Yes, there are some lucky people who's babies sleep well magically on their own. But for the rest of us...

Last edited by amother on Sat, Feb 04 2017, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 11:03 am
rgr wrote:
Yes, there are some lucky people who's babies sleep well magically on their own. But for the rest of us...

That's not what I said. Pesek Zman mentioned mothers that wake their babies. And I'm saying that when my baby woke up I would feed him. But not.sleep training does not equal waking baby up to eat.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 11:45 am
amother wrote:
That's not what I said. Pesek Zman mentioned mothers that wake their babies. And I'm saying that when my baby woke up I would feed him. But not.sleep training does not equal waking baby up to eat.

I wasn't speaking of waking a baby. I was speaking of waking WITH an older baby or toddler q3 hours for feeds. I see this all the time on this site. Every mother does what feels right to them, I personally can't imagine it (same way they can't imagine sleep training)

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 3:06 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Every mother does what feels right to them, I personally can't imagine it (same way they can't imagine sleep training)

totally agree!

To the OP: I'm glad things are going so much better for you!

mille

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 9:35 am
I'm so glad, OP! Sleep training really changed things around as a family for us, too. And my daughter, previously very colicky and fussy ALL THE TIME is SO SUPER DELIGHTFUL now. She sleeps so well and wakes up so happy, instead of crying and crying and fighting sleep. It's so much better!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics