Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you live in skver? square?
1  2  Next

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 9:48 am
This isn't really an "interesting discussion", but miscellaneous didn't let me post anonymously. We really want a bracha for something from the squvarer rebbe. I am sooooooo sorry I don't know how to spell that! From what I hear he is very understanding and doesn't tell women to shave their heads or anything like that. Is that right?

Anyway, my husband called and was told the Rebbe doesn't talk on the phone, that we can send a shaliach. We live VERY far from there (about a 10 hr drive) and I don't know anyone there. Does anyone live there whose husband would do a big mitzvah and be our shaliach? if you can post your username I can PM you my name and info.

Tizku Limitzvos!

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 9:52 am
People go to him mostly for medical advice. I did many years ago and he was spot on. People who live in skvere are not on imamother. Maybe someone in monsey can do it for you. As it's very close by.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 9:53 am
Well, that would be good too. But, not for a bracha??

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 9:55 am
amother wrote:
People go to him mostly for medical advice. I did many years ago and he was spot on. People who live in skvere are not on imamother. Maybe someone in monsey can do it for you. As it's very close by.

OK, ladies, does anyone live in Monsey and can send their husband? Maybe someone who is going or will be in the neighborhood anyway?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 10:04 am
amother wrote:

I'm sure there are women from new square on imamother, and it's probably a better idea for a Skvere person to go, if it's even a done thing, because they'd probably know how to approach it.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:31 am
On the small chance that there's someone from ns here, they won't put their sn here. And don't even want anyone to know they are here. I'm just telling you what your likely outcome will be.

Maya

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:36 am
amother wrote:
Well, that would be good too. But, not for a bracha??

[removed]

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:57 am
OK nevermind then since no one would post sn.
but I am not mekabel the lashon hara you said (one of the posters).

anyone know who is good to call for a bracha?? someone who will talk on the phone, not need you to visit in person...

ectomorph

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:58 am
Do you need chassidish in particular?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:00 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Do you need chassidish in particular?

oh, no definately not! we are yeshivish.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:02 pm
Navy it was nice of you to stick up for what's right. Hashem should send you your yeshua.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:06 pm
I know that the belzer rebbetzin is a very special person. She's a tzadekes. I don't know if she does brachos over the phone. Maybe a belzer can clue you in. I'm thinking about it. That they probably do, since they have chasidim that live in different countries and when someone is ill and wants a bracha they must have a way to reach them.

I don't have connections to belz or any rav or rebbetzin. But surely someon here can try to help you.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
I know that the belzer rebbetzin is a very special person. She's a tzadekes. I don't know if she does brachos over the phone. Maybe a belzer can clue you in. I'm thinking about it. That they probably do, since they have chasidim that live in different countries and when someone is ill and wants a bracha they must have a way to reach them.

I don't have connections to belz or any rav or rebbetzin. But surely someon here can try to help you.

Anyone have a phone number for her? Does she speak English? I can't hold a conversation in yiddish or hebrew - at all!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:15 pm
Maya wrote:
I wouldn't go to him for a bracha. Or anything else. He's not a holy person, and he's not a tzaddik. Don't waste your time, money and efforts on him. It's worthless and useless.

Is there any other tzaddik you would recommend?

ectomorph

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:16 pm
amother wrote:

anyone know who is good to call for a bracha?? someone who will talk on the phone, not need you to visit in person...
I'm sure Rebbetzin shlomtzie Weiss would be happy to give you a Bracha she's a real tzadekes. I don't have her number though.

Maya

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:18 pm
amother wrote:
Is there any other tzaddik you would recommend?

I'm not a fan of getting Brachos in general, but maybe the Kaalov Rebbe in Williamsburg? I don't know if he does phone calls though.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:

The Amshinov Rebbe's mother, the older Rebbetzin (Israel, but available by phone). See if anyone can guide you how to reach her. She speaks English and is a Tzadekes.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 1:35 pm
DH's family has some connection to the Skverer Rebbe even though they're not chassidish. My MIL doesn't cover her hair, but she has a synthetic sheitel and a snood she wears just to go visit there. They get invited to weddings in the Rebbe's family and get packages around the chagim with wine or fish or matza. They do go to the Rebbe for brachos.

I went with my in laws and DH when we were engaged and it's not an experience I would like to repeat myself but I have no problem with DH going if he wants. The more brachos the merrier.

iIRC, I think you or your shaliach need to make an appointment. Even so there tends to be a wait. You should send money. You get a brief audience with the Rebbe, so make sure to write down in advance the names you want a bracha for and the reason.

Carmen Luna

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 1:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The Amshinov Rebbe's mother, the older Rebbetzin (Israel, but available by phone). See if anyone can guide you how to reach her. She speaks English and is a Tzadekes.

She was niftar a few weeks ago.. Crying

Carmen Luna

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 1:57 pm
Maya wrote:
I'm not a fan of getting Brachos in general, but maybe the Kaalov Rebbe in Williamsburg? I don't know if he does phone calls though.

shocker... LOL
Isn't he very sick with ALS? He's a big tzaddik but I don't think too communicative
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics