Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dh insists im the only one who didn't know about the super b
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 6:16 pm
I knew about it. But forgot that it's today. I don't care about it , like many others here Wink

esuss

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 6:18 pm
Super bowl - what's that?! I only vaguely knew that it was sometime soon. Did not know it was today until I saw your post.

CatLady

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 8:14 pm
I was so stoked because this was the first year that Canadians got to see the American commercials. And Gaga crushed it! Mic drop indeed! Plus, it was the very first OT game in Super Bowl history.

Best of all: I have leftover Buffalo chicken drumsticks, veggies and salsa, so lunch is ready for tomorrow!

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 8:21 pm
I Never knew about it until I gave birth a day after super bowl Sunday 10 years ago, and that's all my dr was talking to me about it to distract me and I just had to grin and laugh along. So she was distracting me in that way lol.

But I never know that it's coming again until I suddenly see it in the news. I have absolutely no interest in sports. So no, you're not the only one. If I wouldn't happen to be reading something about Gisele Bundchen, I wouldn't know it's today.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 8:37 pm
CatLady wrote:
I was so stoked because this was the first year that Canadians got to see the American commercials. And Gaga crushed it! Mic drop indeed! Plus, it was the very first OT game in Super Bowl history.

Best of all: I have leftover Buffalo chicken drumsticks, veggies and salsa, so lunch is ready for tomorrow!

I watched the game online and although I was supposed to get the commercials in real time I didn't. I did see most of them online yesterday. (Try YouTube.) Gaga was excellent.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 10:59 pm
I knew all about it! My husband had a super seder last night! So proud.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:23 pm
BTW it's an American thing. Most of planet earth really doesn't care.
I never did.
One year I watched the commercials. I don't get the big deal.

salt

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 12:44 am
Iymnok wrote:
BTW it's an American thing. Most of planet earth really doesn't care.
I never did.

I knew it was a game. I'm British. My North American boss was absolutely shocked when I asked him if it was basket ball or base ball. embarrassed

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 5:01 am
It's not on my radar.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 5:20 am
Didn't know, didn't care.

Lots of people don't follow sports and don't care. You're not the only one OP.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 5:53 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Lady Gaga is rocking it. What a talent.

Did she get political?
FTR, I know, DH barely and only because of work.
Spinoff thread: how many of the estimated 1.3 billion chicken wings did you eat?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 5:55 am
salt wrote:
I knew it was a game. I'm British. My North American boss was absolutely shocked when I asked him if it was basket ball or base ball. embarrassed

It's not soccer Wink
And not my cuppa at all. I heard something yesterday how about 100 years ago, in the pre-helmet and pre-passing* days 19 people died in one season and I think Teddy Roosevelt was worried that the new rules would sissify things.
I really, really don't like football. Read Gordon Korman's Pop.

*That makes me sound like I might know what I'm talking about. Trust me. I don't.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 6:41 am
I'm not a big football fan, but I did watch the game. [And the commercials. Not impressed this year.]

But even if you're not a sports fan, I'm not sure how anyone could turn on a television or radio, or open a newspaper, or even walk through a supermarket in the US, and not know it was Super Bowl Sunday.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 6:49 am
Wow! Just checked out lady gagas performance. She was amazing!! A little more toned down than usual but in 13 minutes she still made time for a few costume/makeup changes and I love how she's up for anything. I loved the drone light effects too. Guess we'll start seeing more drones at fireworks shows in the future.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 6:52 am
Seriously now. Whats super b Sunday?

Clueless

gp2.0

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 6:52 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm not a big football fan, but I did watch the game. [And the commercials. Not impressed this year.]

But even if you're not a sports fan, I'm not sure how anyone could turn on a television or radio, or open a newspaper, or even walk through a supermarket in the US, and not know it was Super Bowl Sunday.

I mean, for the last few weeks I knew vaguely it was coming, thanks to super bowl themed licorice and hummus and everyone talking about it. But it's not like I saved the date and woke up Sunday and said "yay! It's the super bowl today!" It's just not on my radar. When I turned on the radio this morning and everyone was discussing it I was like "oh right. So I guess that was yesterday."

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:09 am
I guess I knew about it beforehand. I follow a recipe site and started seeing football shaped cookies and an abundance of chicken wings and thought "here we go again."
but I don't think I'm much richer or much smarter or advantaged in any way for knowing about the super bowl. and I don't think it's a big deal to live under that particular rock.

glamourmom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:11 am
I knew about it because I have to know where Gaga is performing at any given time.

stalker much? a teensy tiny bit. Wink

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:22 am
amother wrote:
Seriously now. Whats super b Sunday?

Clueless

Do you know what American football is? The rest of the world calls soccer football but not America. This is the ultimate game of the season in professional football (vs. college level football, which has a whole other set of teams). It's always held on a Sunday, usually the first in February. It is a major event. It's not just a televised game but an American holiday, complete with food, like chicken wings and, of course, beer. And not just the game itself is televised and hyped, but the half-time entertainment (hence the Lady Gaga talk. And if you don't know who she is, google is your friend.) and commercials. Ad time for the Superbowl costs $5 mil. for a 30 second spot, and the companies also pay big bucks for development of the Superbowl commercials. I'm sure you can google Superbowl commercials and see what they were. Traditionally the major ads are from the car and beer industries.

Hope this helps.

essie14

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:05 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Did she get political?
FTR, I know, DH barely and only because of work.
Spinoff thread: how many of the estimated 1.3 billion chicken wings did you eat?

Did they only count American chicken wings? Wink
My son and his friends ate 5 kilo of wings while watching the Super Bowl here LOL
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics