Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you know an 'un'vaccinated child with autism?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:50 am
Im wondering, does autism really exist only among the vaccinated??
Although I don't believe so I would love to hear if there are unvaccinated children with autism that you personally know of.
I have an almost 3 year old whom I would like to start vaccinating. Does anyone know if the risk of side effects (besides for autism) are reduced at this age?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:54 am
amother wrote:
Although I don't believe so I would love to hear if there are unvaccinated children with autism that you personally know of.
I have an almost 3 year old whom I would like to start vaccinating. Does anyone know if the risk of side effects (besides for autism) are reduced at this age?

My brother is autistic and wasn't vaxxed.

GreenEyes26

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:55 am
The link between autism and vaccinations has been throughly disproved. Please do your research.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:58 am
My brother is on the autistic spectrum and my mother delayed vaccines. He got his first shots at the age of 2, and by then he already had certain characteristics and was "different" in his own way.

There are no links between vaccines and autism. Period.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:02 am
Yes. I know of a child who is three years old and has never been vaccinated and the rest of his (many ka"h) older siblings were delayed vaccination schedule.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:11 am
Chayalle wrote:
My brother is on the autistic spectrum and my mother delayed vaccines. He got his first shots at the age of 2, and by then he already had certain characteristics and was "different" in his own way.

There are no links between vaccines and autism. Period.

Did your mother refuse the hep b shot when he was born? Some are unaware that their baby is given a vaccine at the hospital.

chavs

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:12 am
My two oldest kids are vaccinated delayed and have asd, they are friends with kids who have asd and are not vaccinated.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:13 am
amother wrote:

The term "autism" was first used in 1908. In 1943, Leo Kanner, M.D., published a paper describing 11 children who were highly intelligent but displayed "a powerful desire for aloneness" and "an obsessive insistence on persistent sameness." He later names their condition "early infantile autism." By 1967, Bruno Bettelheim developed his "refrigerator mom" theory (blaming mothers, not vaccines ... or refrigerators, for that matter).

MMR, which is the main vaccine that quacks claim results in autism, was introduced in 1971. The first measles vaccine (alone) was not introduced until 1963.

Of course, the first vaccine was actually developed in the 18th century.

So .... if modern vaccines caused autism, what was Kanner talking about? And if its older vaccines, why the uptick now?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:15 am
amother wrote:
Did your mother refuse the hep b shot when he was born? Some are unaware that their baby is given a vaccine at the hospital.

Yes she did. No shots in the hospital, in fact she left the hospital soon after birth. No leaving baby in nursery for fear they will give vaccines....

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:15 am
amother wrote:

I think it's a relatively new idea to give it babies in the hospital.
My two oldest did not get it in the hospital (and it wasn't offered) and by my others I denied consent (which they needed in order to administer it.)

5*Mom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:16 am
amother wrote:

Delaying the first MMR beyond age 2 is associated with a slightly increased risk of febrile seizure. Greater with the combo MMRV than with MMR and Varicella separately.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:34 am
My DS showed signs of being 'different' way, way before the MMR vaccine (as early as several days after birth) and did not regress in any way after being vaccinated.

chavs

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:36 am
Just to add to my post that likewise there was no difference after any vaccinations.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:54 am
cnc wrote:
I think it's a relatively new idea to give it babies in the hospital.
My two oldest did not get it in the hospital (and it wasn't offered) and by my others I denied consent (which they needed in order to administer it.)

I'm 20 years old and got the hepatitis shot in the hospital.How old are your oldest? 😄

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 9:04 am
amother wrote:
I'm 20 years old and got the hepatitis shot in the hospital.How old are your oldest? 😄

It wasn't recommended until at least October 2001, so it probably wasn't common until 2002.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 9:18 am
[quote="5*Mom"]Delaying the first MMR beyond age 2 is associated with a slightly increased risk of febrile seizure. Greater with the combo MMRV than with MMR and Varicella separately.[/quote

this. Please be informed. Delaying shots bring additional risks.
https://well.blogs.nytimes.com.....?_r=0

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 9:19 am
amother wrote:

My oldest is younger than that.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 9:21 am
I don't know why I got hugged on this thread. I posted my mother's beliefs, and answered the OP's question.

I happen to do things differently. My mother A"H was entitled to her choices, I'm entitled to mine.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 9:25 am
I don't not vaccinate for fear of autism. In case that helps you, OP.

sleepybeauty

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 10:23 am
Just something to think about...
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics