Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I hate covering my hair

rimon613

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:40 am
How do you deal with it when you have beautiful gorgeous hair and you hate covering it? How do you make yourself feel better when even after being married for a while you still can't get used to it? To me, not even the most beautiful looking sheitel can replace my hair. I feel like I am not myself when covering my hair.

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:49 am
I feel the same way. Can't help you.... Sorry.
I do make sure my hair is still pretty, I still take care of it as if everyone could see..And when I can, my husband gets to see it a lot...

jewwoman

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:50 am
Make it look stunning whenever you are able to.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:51 am
Can you uncover some of your hair or you go by covering everything?

Personally I started uncovering about half of my hair and felt much better about myself and it also made the mitzvah a bit easier.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:07 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Can you uncover some of your hair or you go by covering everything?

Personally I started uncovering about half of my hair and felt much better about myself and it also made the mitzvah a bit easier.

Same here, maybe not half, but I let my hair grow longish under a beret, and cut it to just under my ears once a year or so. It doesn't look the best (it would look better if I only covered the top part like many of my friends do - but I am makpid to cover my entire head) my hair really is one of my better features. I like it this way more than having it all covered, and when I'm home I don't cover so I feel more like myself, when I'm not covering.
It's not ideal halachicly, but it is better than not covering at all and makes covering easier for me.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:10 pm
when I covered my hair I did not cover it in the house ... made me feel half okay but it was pretty bad all sorts of things happen to covered hair - especially if it's thick & you put it together whilst still wet [in order to flatten it so sheitel/hat/snood fit better]

was the first thing I did when I got divorced - took it off - to the point I joke about that being the reason I got divorced

today I don't view covering the hair as an important factor in judaism and not reflective on how religious I am & it really does not look like a v@gina at all ~ just sayin'

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:19 pm
DH hates seeing my hair. If even a tiny strand is showing, he'll point it out to me. He's rather OCD about it. I even have to shave my temples and the back of my neck, or else he gets really upset and anxious about it. (He has a lot of anxiety issues. It's easier for me to just give in.)

I would love to color my hair and curl it to look nice for ME, but I never get to uncover my hair at home, unless he's out of town. He's also a touch paranoid, so he would wonder "who I'm doing my hair for." Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels