Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Married children's portrait pics

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 5:20 am
I need to frame my married children's portrait. They have been married a number of years and I never did it. I know, shame on me.
I only have their pics on a cd. We did it the cheap way cz we never have any money.
So now I need to also do this economically. What are your thoughts on a black and white pic? What size is the normal accepted size of a marriage portrait one hangs on wall?

Any good ideas for me?
TIA

pond user

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 5:48 am
I don't understand why you feel you 'need' to do this.

Keep the pictures in an album and frame a picture if you really love it and want it on your wall.

Is this another 'thing' that people have to do to fit in? Sorry for being a bit mean but I just don't understand all these rules people create for themselves.

5mom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 6:03 am
The picture is for you to enjoy. Choose whatever looks good on your wall.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 6:40 am
Why not just put a framed picture of them on a shelf or console, in the dining or living room areas? Be"h the family will continue growing. You might not want to keep knocking holes in the wall.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 7:52 am
I always wanted to do this but just kept putting it off.
I have some pics on console but want portraits up on wall too

Just wanted to know your opinions on black and white.
Thanks

dr. pepper

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:24 am
My parents have one wall of couple pictures from the wedding another wall of the family at the wedding.
They are 8"10's and all framed. All color.
hatzlocha and much nachas!

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:36 am
amother wrote:

Thanks

You can print 8x10 off a CD for around $2 a piece from snapfish or Adorama . You can purchase uniform frames at any price point from $5 and up and then hang them all up on a wall .

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:37 am
amother wrote:

Thanks

Black and white pictures are beautiful.

Simple1

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 9:04 am
pond user wrote:
I don't understand why you feel you 'need' to do this.

Keep the pictures in an album and frame a picture if you really love it and want it on your wall.

Is this another 'thing' that people have to do to fit in? Sorry for being a bit mean but I just don't understand all these rules people create for themselves.

I highly doubt this is a 'thing' anywhere. But she probably figures its a waste to keep them on the cd.

Op, it's a matter of taste. B&W had a certain simplicity, clean look and timelessness that some people like. But to be truly beautiful, ideally it should be done by a professional to bring out the various tones, so you don't end up with a dull gray. I prefer color photos.

sky

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 9:10 am
I think 8x10 is very typical to hang.
You can do black & white or color. If you order from Shutterly its probably $5.00 to print.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 9:11 am
If you have pictures on a CD why not make a photobook? I did this after my sister's wedding - made a book on Shutterfly with all of the individual family pictures (there are 12 of us B"AH) plus some of wedding pictures. It came out gorgeous, and several of my siblings ordered copies for themselves, plus we gave one to my grandmother (she should live to 120!). Best of all, Shutterfly has deals and percents off all the time, so it was not an expensive project!

pond user

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 10:10 am
amother wrote:
I need to frame my married children's portrait. They have been married a number of years and I never did it. I know, shame on me.
I only have their pics on a cd. We did it the cheap way cz we never have any money.
So now I need to also do this economically. What are your thoughts on a black and white pic? What size is the normal accepted size of a marriage portrait one hangs on wall?

Any good ideas for me?
TIA

Ah I understood based on the bolder that it was a 'thing' you felt you have to do. Black and white is lovely.

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 10:17 am
I'm not sure why the OP feels that the picture has to be black and white? There are places that will print from a CD for not a lot. Unless the originals were in black and white--but somehow I doubt that.

L K

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:21 am
While we're on the topic of photos: which is the easiest and cheapest online service to upload tons of pictures and order prints? I have almost 12 years worth of pics.

ETA: prob a site that offers ftp upload rather than one by one would be best.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:46 am
I don't think black and white would be any cheaper...

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:52 am
no reason why black and white should be cheaper. Professional framing is expensive. We have often gotten really nice and cheap frames from Ikea.

lucky14

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 9:49 pm
L K wrote:
While we're on the topic of photos: which is the easiest and cheapest online service to upload tons of pictures and order prints? I have almost 12 years worth of pics.

ETA: prob a site that offers ftp upload rather than one by one would be best.

shutterfly is very easy. Their picture quality isn't the best, but it's decent. They always offer good rates. I don't know what ftp is but if it means you can select a tons of pictures or whole file to do at once instead of selecting each picture one by one then you can do that on shutterfly.
snapfish is another option of course. I just always do shutterfly because they give out so many codes for free prints and products (you pay shipping though).

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 9:16 am
I like to use mpix.com. It is comparable in price to Shutterfly, but there aren't the frequent deals like there are for Shutterfly. The quality is much better and the shipping is much faster.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics