Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby sleeps through the night
1  2  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 7:02 am
My baby now 6 months sleeps though the night since 4 week. She wakes up after 9 hours of sleep when the house is full of noise. When she wakes up early morning when everything is still quiet she babbles another hour until she cries or sees me. She is a child who otherwise eats every 3 hours. I didn't start solids yet. She looks fine and growing according to my other children. Pediatrician thinks I should wake her . Anyone had this?

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 7:31 am
I have similar thing. My baby is almost six months and sleeps thru the night practically from day one. My ped didnt tell me to wake her at night but told me to supplement with formula start solids and try to nurse more often. She is growing the same as my other kids and she is a happy baby. I am fully nursing and I know I have enough milk because I am pumping at work and getting plenty. I find the mushy baby food a huge pain in the neck and I like the baby led weaning approach to solids and dont plan on starting her on solids till 8 months.

sky

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 7:34 am
My kids slept a long night starting from birth until about 5 months. At about 5 months they start waking often to eat. All nursed exclusively and were happy. They did cluster feed like nuts before they went in for the night.
My ped said there is no reason to wake them as long as they are gaining well.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 7:35 am
My baby was born early and sleeps thru the night from the 2 months. I was concerned cuz I wanted him to eat at night he should gain more weight but doc says I should let him sleep as long as he had 6 feedings a day!!! I gota appreciate that he lets me sleep at night Very Happy

mompower

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 7:37 am
Your pediatrician said to wake her?!

That's absurd!!! A full night sleep is the best thing for them.

She's not a newborn anymore. Well rested babies are usually so much more content and happy.

acemom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 9:58 am
Baby sleeps through the night? Appreciate it!

One of my older kids slept through the night almost right away. At the time I didn't fully appreciate the fact that I got to sleep through the night too and was a little less exhausted at work the next day....

Fast forward a few years and said child barely sleeps at all anymore... Up at the crack of dawn waking the rest of the family....

Enjoy your baby and your (uninterrupted) night sleep!!

lucky14

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 10:56 am
I'm so confused why your pediatrician wants you to wake her up. If she's gaining weight normal then WHY???

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:04 am
I agree that something doesnt sound right.

If the baby is doing ok, there is nothing like an unintrrupted night sleep for the parents and the baby
Its a bracha if a baby sleeps through the night...

Did you ask why?

rgr

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:10 am
I'm not jealous Yes Exploding anger

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 12:15 pm
rgr wrote:
I'm not jealous Yes Exploding anger

I am!

rgr

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 12:31 pm
sleepybeauty wrote:
I am!

Sleeping Beauty isn't getting enough beauty sleep? LOL

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 12:47 pm
Exploding anger Exploding anger

Super jealous. I hope posting this doesn't cause a massive ayin hara because of all the jealous people who see it! Have a great night Wink

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:10 pm
My baby also slept through the night from around a week old. I worried and our doctor friend told me that is baby is happy then I shouldn't worry and should just be grateful.

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:12 pm
rgr wrote:
Sleeping Beauty isn't getting enough beauty sleep? LOL

Nope! That's why I'm always sleepy 😉

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:23 pm
My babies slept through the night from when they where born, my doctor was never concerned about it.....

pesek zman

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:58 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
My babies slept through the night from when they where born, my doctor was never concerned about it.....
m

Your newborns slept 8 hour stretches immediately from the time you brought them home from the hospital? That is very unusual. And I say this when I had a baby who slept 8 hours at 6 weeks and 12 hours at 2 months. But a 2 day old generally needs to eat q3 hours, overnight as well

onlyone

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 4:23 pm
wow, I cant believe how many women have babies that truly slept through the night since birth. I had amazing sleepers, as newborns, not that good! DD1 woke every 3 and a half hours straight from the hospital, doing 5 hour stretches starting at 3 weeks, and 8 hours straight starting at 11 weeks, 4 months she was sleeping 9 hours straight, but we didnt see 11 or 12 hour stretches till 9 months. 2nd DD woke every 2 and a half to 3 hours at night straight from the hospital, and did her first 8 hour stretch at a week old. didnt last though, but started consistently sleeping 6 hours straight at a month old. also didnt increase much, at 3 months was sleeping 5 to 6 hours straight, then at 5 months on woke every 2 to 3 hours!. My 3rd DD woke 3 and a half hours at night straight from the hospital, slept 7 to 8 hours straight at least a handful of times from 1 week to a month, and at 3 and 4 months was sleeping 7-9 hours straight. went downhilll at 9 months, up every 2 hours for months. so very god sleepers, but not exceptional. I nursed all three and if any of them were sleeping 12 hours straight before about 7 months I would have been concerned.

Miri7

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 4:32 pm
I would ask why the pediatrician thinks you should wake her. I've heard of that for tiny infants but not older babies who are gaining weight on schedule and otherwise thriving.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 7:43 pm
What's your secret? I can't get my baby to sleep at night & she's almost 6 months!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 6:48 am
My 3 month old sleeps for like 15 minutes.

How do I teach him that night is for sleeping? it could be like 2 am and I finally finish what I have to do and he's wide awake and fussy.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics