Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Petition to support Trump E/O

gggo

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:08 am
I realize there are many Imamothers who hate and disapprove of Trump. Overall Trump haters are very vocal. They demonstrate and manage to get their voices heard across the nation.

For those who do support Trump and his policies and would like a quieter way to vocalize that support, I have come across this petition organized by Brigitte Gabriel of Act for America.

http://www.actforamerica.org/petition

If you would like to know more about Brigitte Gabriel and her experiences as a Christian growing up in Lebanon, she has a fascinating book titled
Because They Hate. A Survivor of Islamic Terrorism Warns America

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch

If you are aware of any other petitions to support Trump, please post links.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:19 am
I think Brigitte is great.

IMO the best "petition to support Trump" was the election. The people have spoken already.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 12:07 pm
regardless of the voters who spoke too soon ... give it a little more time he's either going to be impeached or assassinated ...

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 12:14 pm
greenfire wrote:
regardless of the voters who spoke too soon ... give it a little more time he's either going to be impeached or assassinated ...

We thought that about Obama, too. Only time will tell...

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 12:15 pm
Just as an FYI, disagreement doesn't mean hate. Hate is a pretty useless emotion IMHO, it tends to consume the one that hates. Just something to think about before you broad brush everyone here who disagrees with our president. FWIW I doubt you will find a single post here from an Ima that says she hates Trump. Enough with the alternate truth.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 12:27 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Just as an FYI, disagreement doesn't mean hate. Hate is a pretty useless emotion IMHO, it tends to consume the one that hates. Just something to think about before you broad brush everyone here who disagrees with our president. FWIW I doubt you will find a single post here from an Ima that says she hates Trump. Enough with the alternate truth.

While I completely agree with your point, I have seen posts that explicitly say that they "hate, despise, abhor" President Trump.

Personally, I reserve hate for people who are actively trying to kill me. It's enough for me to just dislike certain people or their actions. Carrying hate around is toxic.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 12:28 pm
Its not a petition. There is nothing to petition, and no-one to petition to. Its a letter of support addressed to the president.

Fox

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 12:53 pm
I'm sure many Imamothers think of me as a rah-rah, MAGA-hat-wearing Trump supporter. Ironically, I don't feel that way. I feel like I kind of backed into the role as a result of the stridency of his detractors. While I completely agree with a number of his stands, I also have qualms about just as many. And on some topics, I'm such a crazy liberal that my DH gives me looks at the dinner table to shut me up.

We learn from the Torah that political leaders only gain power with Hashem's permission. This was what gedolim reminded people who despaired at Obama's re-election, and it is what they remind people who oppose Trump.

I believe the correct strategy is that of Diamond and Silk, who really are rah-rah, MAGA-hat-wearing (well, rhinestone-brooch-wearing) Trump supporters. They are Christian ladies who never tire of reminding their YouTube constituency that whether you think Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread or whether you loathe him, you need to pray for him to successfully lead the country. They even have a "prayer chain" every day at 11:21 a.m. -- I'm not sure what that means; perhaps Hashem hears cases for and against Trump at that time each day.

No sane passenger wants her plane to crash just to prove the pilot is incompetent. If you are disturbed by Trump, pray to Hashem to intercede to ensure his actions are for the good. If you like Trump, pray that Hashem helps him make the right decisions and act for the good.

You don't even have to wait until 11:21 each day to pray -- though I can't imagine it would hurt to tag along with Diamond and Silk. I imagine they make quite a racket when they storm the gates of Heaven.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:09 pm
greenfire wrote:

Disagree.

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:25 pm
Fox, I don't think your husband ought to do that.

Fox

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:50 pm
sequoia wrote:
Fox, I don't think your husband ought to do that.

Lol! Well, I sent him to Israel for a couple of weeks, so I have a reprieve!

tigerwife

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:59 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Would love to agree with you but messages like I want to blow up the White House or smash Trump's face cannot easily be seen as mere disagreement versus hate. I also don't think that violent protests are mere disagreement (the non-violent ones can be).

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:31 pm
greenfire wrote:

shock
I'm not sure if I want to sign any blanket petitions, for anyone.
ETA: I see it's not a petition. OK. I have to look at this, still doubt I'll sign it.
I remember what Bill Bennett said 8 years ago re Mr. Obama: now that he's elected, as much as he disagrees with him, we can only hope, for the good of the country, that things go well under his leadership. Or something like that.

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:06 pm
Fox wrote:
Lol! Well, I sent him to Israel for a couple of weeks, so I have a reprieve!

PARTAY!!!

Fox

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:23 pm
sequoia wrote:
PARTAY!!!

You said it, girlfriend! Party at Fox's! Messy and complex people welcome!

cm

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:31 pm
amother wrote:
I think Brigitte is great.

IMO the best "petition to support Trump" was the election. The people have spoken already.

Trump lost the popular vote.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics