Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Inexpensive movers (Brooklyn, NY)
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 11:01 pm
I'm iy''h moving after sukos and on a very tight budget. Anyone know of a low-cost mover?

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 11:02 pm
mazel tov movers

I took rubinstein, payed more but was more secure

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 11:04 pm
more secure meaning?

I'm also looking for movers Smile

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 11:08 pm
Shlumz, I said I'm on a tight budget. Rubinstein is high-priced. I need someone a lot cheaper.

crbc

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 11:22 pm
I used Chinese movers few years ago, they were not so expensive $400 for 2 BR, my brother used them recently, and few other people I know. You could try them for an estimate. Hong Dong Moving 718-593-2874, very fast and efficient.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 12:16 am
Never thought to take out-of-our-community movers! Sounds like a good idea. Are they careful with furniture? Did you have anything stolen or missing?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 10:06 am
cheaper isn't always better. they always come up with extra expenses in the end.

dewyt

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 10:14 am
our method was really inexpensive, but we didnt have furniture yet (we bought when we moved into this new apartment) we rented our own truck, picked up some bochurim from my husbands shul/yeshiva and voila, everything was in the same night! (and we moved from a basement into a third floor! nice boys, huh!?!?)

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 10:33 am
we rented a budget truck and 2 mexicans from dh's work on a sunday. came out about half the price of movers.

shlumzmum

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 6:29 pm
I wanted to take a cheap moving company but then I spoke to an old nieghbour who used them and she said that they lost a few boxes and the furniture got scratches etc...
I didnt have too much to move, from ground floor to ground floor, only bedroom furniture, washer dryer, fridge, kitchen table and chairs with eggboxes and it was around 700 dollars
the movers came at 8 in the morning, 5 guys, by 11 o'clock (3 hours later) everything was at the new appartment.
when you pay more you get more experienced movers, the furniture doesnt get scratched etc...

try to call some moving companies, they come down for a free estimate and ask around

here you have a list some of brooklyn movers
mazel tov 718- 443 7700
rubinstein 718- 852 3636
national 718- 444 1234
siman tov 718- 627 1818
m.b.d 718- 662 8623

amother

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 12:40 am
How's Lincoln Movers? Anyone tried them?

greatmom

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 1:45 pm
please do not use mazel tov movers I just used them and they were reall bad they ruined my china closet they didnt watch my furniture scratched and chipped table and chairs in the long run it wasnt cheap it was pretty expensive

anon

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 1:50 pm
Greatmom, did they add on "surprise charges" at the last minute? Like, "Oh you want to move a mirror? That's an extra $100 for the packaging of mirrors" type thing?

baseballmom

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 2:02 pm
my advice is get a binding estimate...they they can't tack on those surprise hidden cossts like $10/blanket used to wrap furniture, or $6 for roll of tape they use, or the $100 to move a mirror that someone mentioned before. IF you get a binding estimate then there are no surprises!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 5:26 pm
greatmom wrote:
please do not use mazel tov movers

A lot of their clients LOVE them!

Bzgirl

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
How's Lincoln Movers? Anyone tried them?

I used Lincoln, He was really terrific...mamesh no scratches. before he left, he made some touch-ups here and there, and when the crib was assembled wrong he came back right away to fix it....he had a great price tips included that was in April; (I think he since charges extra tips,) but I have no complaints, I recommended them to my new neighbors too, who used them and were happy as well!! G'luck moving!!

Bzgirl

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 5:40 pm
Oh, and he (lincoln movers) moved the real fragile stuff by himself in his car "impressive"!

fleetwood

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 3:58 pm
I used Mazal Tov movers one month ago. At the time I was very happy,I was charged exactly what they said, however they broke a glass table top and took it to get it fixed. It is over a month later and I have yet to see it. I keep getting the run around and am very unhappy. But they were cheaper then other movers with NO add-ons.

newmum

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 4:59 pm
I just moved with Mazel Tov Movers- and actually had a great experience....they were inexpensive and very professional!

goodheart

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 5:51 pm
I used bp movers they were very good and quick
they came out the cheapest(.for me)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries