Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Imagine I would've payed full price!!!
1  2  Next

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 1:58 pm
Just washed dds brand new juste cle' skirt and it's all pimpled!! Marked $80!! Bought it at 70 percent off and had it in mind for spring. Too bad.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:01 pm
yes! I bought two tops for my kid at 70 off recently. they are both terrible. I feel bad for whoever paid full price for it. I would have been so upset.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:03 pm
That's so disappointing. I got a couple of stretchies from that brand as a gift and they washed beautifully. They were a fleece fabric though, not for spring.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:04 pm
$24 on sale is still monies ... was it the way you washed it or the material ? if it's the latter then you should complain to the store for a refund

pesek zman

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:05 pm
Never heard of this brand.....is it a Brooklyn thing?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:07 pm
greenfire wrote:
$24 on sale is still monies ... was it the way you washed it or the material ? if it's the latter then you should complain to the store for a refund

Refund?? Are you kidding me? If it's a sale item they won't even listen to me. And yes $24 is still a nice amount. I'll try to use a pimple remover or just use as is. Nice fabric, would never think this is gonna happen.

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:10 pm
I think they spicifically have a run of cheaper quality for sales. thats what gap does and alot of other name brands do. its a luck type of thing when you buy on sale. which I do anyway.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:14 pm
sourstix wrote:
I think they spicifically have a run of cheaper quality for sales. thats what gap does and alot of other name brands do. its a luck type of thing when you buy on sale. which I do anyway.

Gap? What dou you mean by that?
Are you refering to their outlet stores?
Ive never foubt that though...

Kumphort

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:16 pm
Ppl who pay full price prob dry clean there stuff

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:37 pm
sorry but gap and old navy and a lot of name brands have the better quality and the cheaper run. the cheaper stuff is usually in the mall. yes the outlet stores carry the cheap run. they specifically make a cheap run and a more expensive run of the same clothes. they say it openly. I have seen or read it somewhere. dont remember. maybe google "cheaper run clothes from gap"

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:48 pm
sourstix wrote:
sorry but gap and old navy and a lot of name brands have the better quality and the cheaper run. the cheaper stuff is usually in the mall. yes the outlet stores carry the cheap run. they specifically make a cheap run and a more expensive run of the same clothes. they say it openly. I have seen or read it somewhere. dont remember. maybe google "cheaper run clothes from gap"

Even if you read it, its not true.

Gap is fast fashion. Things stay on the racks for a certain period, and are then marked down. The sale merchandise is the same stuff that was not on sale last week, not separate merchandise.

A number of stores -- Gap, Banana Republic and Ann Taylor come to mind -- do market a less expensive (and less well made) line of clothing at their outlets. The clothes are clearly marked "Gap Factory Store," eg. No bait and switch. Although some people have claimed that its misleading, because they assume that "Gap Factory Store" and "Gap" would be the same thing.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 2:51 pm
amother wrote:
Refund?? Are you kidding me? If it's a sale item they won't even listen to me. And yes $24 is still a nice amount. I'll try to use a pimple remover or just use as is. Nice fabric, would never think this is gonna happen.

Contact the manufacturer if the store won't accept a return.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:07 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Contact the manufacturer if the store won't accept a return.

The store (Whoopi) is the manufacturer.

That said I've shipped Juste Cle at 70 off a few times and the stuff lasted beautifully.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:08 pm
sourstix wrote:

I don't think that's true.

I've seen last seasons stuff at Gap Outlet.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:30 pm
cnc wrote:

ditto ~ outlet stuff has the cealrance sales of previous seasons - so the mall stores have room for their new things

studying_torah

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:37 pm
I once bought a Whoopi skirt from their lakewood store, it was light pink cotton. After the first wash it was full of white spots and holes.
It was also on sale, but still cost a decent amount and I was very disappointed.
I called the store, they said to bring it in but there's nothing they can do.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:39 pm
greenfire wrote:
ditto ~ outlet stuff has the cealrance sales of previous seasons - so the mall stores have room for their new things

That used to be the case. But to a large extent, with many major brands, its no longer so. Rather, they have their own line of clothing.

As I type, I'm wearing a sweater from Ann Taylor Factory Store. The sewn-in label clearly says ANN TAYLOR FACTORY. My skirt, which is not from the outlet, clearly says ANN TAYLOR. Do you think they sew in new labels? No. Its different merchandise.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/busines.....92279

http://www.racked.com/2014/10/.....tores

goodmorning

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:

If it's a frum store, they may be obligated to return your money; if you would never have bought the item if you would have thought that it would get ruined the first time you wash it, it's mekach ta'us. (Consult your LOR to see if he actually agrees with this before you try it out.)

Some credit cards (American Express ones and some others) offer "purchase protection" if an item that you bought on the card gets ruined within 90 days of purchase. If you used a credit card, check its benefits.

sky

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:52 pm
I think Gap started selling different things at their outlet store.

This winter I was looking to buy winter goats. The 'warmest coat' sold at the GAP outlet was very different and cheaper then the one typically sold in the GAP store. There was no comparison to their regular coat.

(I don't think the Jewish stores do this as I've bought clothing at last season clearance stores for $18 that my neighbors wore last year. I do find you have to be very careful how you wash them and they aren't made very well. High price doesn't equal well made. I hand down more old navy and childrens place then the pretend European clothing)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 10:10 am
cnc wrote:

its both. There is lots of stuff there that never goes to the 'main' stores.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics