Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Mercantil Bank

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 3:31 pm
Anyone have experience with Mercantil Bank? My parents live here part-time, and it would be convenient for them to have an account here. They are not Israeli but they do own an apartment here. Anyone know if Mercantil are easy to work with? That would be the most convenient for them location-wise I think. Do they have many fees? Are they very against dealing with US citizens (like some other banks we've dealt with)? Do you know how long it takes or what's involved in actually opening the account? Thanks for any help!

Smiling Wife

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 4:07 pm
All banks are similar,,, there are laws here that make all banks suck regardless of their level of service. Mercantile like any other other bank has good branches and less than desirable ones
Start by checking your branch

israeliMD

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 1:22 pm
I haven't heard anything particularly negative about them but it depends on the branch.

We use Bank hapoalim and the advantage is they have specific locations that cater to americans so they are used to handling the extra paper work. I'm not sure if other banks do. That said, they still tend to not be happy about opening new accounts for americans.

Plan on a few hours to open the account and possibly needing to come back with extra documents they request. Also keep in mind at least for our bank we had to come back in a week to pick up debit cards and it took 10 days for us to get checks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions