Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais yakov boro park high school

pecan

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 5:52 pm
Does anyone know if majority of their girls come out frum? Do you know if the high school has a special education program like arrowsmith or is that just elementary? Does anyone have their contact information?
Thank you

bsy

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 6:08 pm
The high school you're talking about has no relation to the elementary school. Yes, majority comes out frum. I don't think there is any formal special education offered but they may offer a lighter chumash class or something. Their number is 851 2255 (I think).

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 6:59 pm
It's a very big school. 99% of the girls come out frum. Has a broad range of girls

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 7:03 pm
It's a fine frum school. Nice parent body. They don't have a special education program there.

reality mom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 7:44 pm
Nice mixture of Frum girls. They dont have their own Special Education classes but they do host Ichud class every year, Im not sure though which grades. Currently its the tenth grade.

pecan

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:00 pm
Thanks so much! What kind of kids does ichud service?

pecan

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:02 pm
Also are there any high schools that have a track for kids with basic iep issues, who are totally up to par otherwise?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:12 pm
I've heard there's an Ichud program for high schoolers, though it moved from Bais Yaakov High school to Prospect Park high school. I believe they service a frum Bais Yaakov type mix.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I've heard there's an Ichud program for high schoolers, though it moved from Bais Yaakov High school to Prospect Park high school. I believe they service a frum Bais Yaakov type mix.

Usually each grade has one so it's very possible that BYand Prospect have one simultaneously ( as well as two other schools). Unless you mean specifically that the class that started in BY transferred to Prospect?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:41 pm
cnc wrote:
Usually each grade has one so it's very possible that BYand Prospect have one simultaneously ( as well as two other schools). Unless you mean specifically that the class that started in BY transferred to Prospect?

I don't know specifics but I had heard that the were high school Ichud classes run out of BY a couple of years ago but then moved to Prospect Park.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

reality mom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 8:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I don't know specifics but I had heard that high school Ichud was run out of BY a couple of years ago but then moved to Prospect Park.
It could be I understood wrong and it was just once grade.

Currently, the ninth grade Ichud class is hosted by Prospect Park and the tenth grade is hosted by Bais Yaakov High School. I dont think that there is an eleventh grade Ichud class this year. The 12th grade is hosted by Gur.

pecan

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 10:26 pm
Ty! Are those for severely disabled kids or children who simply need extra help?

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:12 pm
pecan wrote:
Ty! Are those for severely disabled kids or children who simply need extra help?

They're for students with IE(S)Ps.
Learning disabilities etc.

reality mom

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 12:44 am
pecan wrote:

Some grades are more advanced than others. It depends on the year. Currently, the class in BYHS takes regents whereas the class in Gur is on a much lower level.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics