Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What is your IQ?
1  2  Next

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 1:11 pm
http://wechslertest.com/

Just did the half-hour test (took about 10 minutes Very Happy)
I can't really figure out how the scores work, it gave me about 3 numbers in the end.
Anyone care to try it out so I'll at least know how smart I am compared to the women on this site?

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 1:19 pm
These kinds of tests don't measure how "smart" you are but how conditioned you are to taking these kinds of tests. So your answer would really be how good you are, compared to other imamothers, at test-taking. Intelligence has many facets that these tests don't measure and probably will never be able to.

PassionFruit

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 1:22 pm
105, I did the 15 minute one in two minutes. So if the answer didn't come in a second I just guessed. I think this test is dumb because it is only testing on math skills, there is a lot more to smartness than math.

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 1:48 pm
I don't know how smart I am* but I can tell you my computer is not smart at all. I click and click on an answer and nothing happens. Officially, then, my IQ is at the bottom of the heap, at least for this go-around.

*It probably depends on the phase of the moon, how much sleep I got last night and numerous other factors including how much I like or dislike the entity with which I am interacting.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 1:51 pm
I got 117, but I didnt get to finish because my iPhone kept telling me error.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 2:07 pm
zaq wrote:
These kinds of tests don't measure how "smart" you are but how conditioned you are to taking these kinds of tests. So your answer would really be how good you are, compared to other imamothers, at test-taking. Intelligence has many facets that these tests don't measure and probably will never be able to.

I agree with you that IQ tests get very predictable once you've taken a bunch of them. Compared to other IQ tests, this one was extremely basic.

I tend to score about 125-130 on IQ tests. This one had me at 135 but it's inaccurate because I already knew some of the questions.

LittleMissMama

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 2:08 pm
117 - when I was a kid I think it was 130. Proof that I lost brain cells with each kid. Wink

gold21

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 2:26 pm
I never do IQ tests
They're fake
I just did the 15 min one on my phone while doing other stuff
And...the test claims my IQ is 135 or greater
Yeah right LOL
Good one.
FAKE NEWS

gold21

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 3:11 pm
By the way, what does 135 OR HIGHER even mean?

That's so vague.

Yeah, your IQ is... 135... Or maybe not. Maybe it's higher. Who knows. Hey, while we're at it, maybe it's lower. Same difference, right?

So, yeah, thats not very informative at all.

Secondly, I STINK at unscrambling words. I'm the worst unscrambler of all time. Why should that have any bearing on an IQ score? I responded to the unscrambling question by writing NoClue in the box.

Also, the question on the phrase "The pen is mightier than the sword" is dependent on the test-taker having received a good education, not on intelligence. I knew the answer, but that's because Im familiar with the phrase from school, not cuz I'm the second coming of Einstein.

PassionFruit

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 3:48 pm
gold21 wrote:

Secondly, I STINK at unscrambling words. I'm the worst unscrambler of all time. Why should that have any bearing on an IQ score? I responded to the unscrambling question by writing NoClue in the box.

ha, me too. I wrote "nope"

agreer

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 3:52 pm
I scored 42, meaning 135 or higher... dumb

Frenchfry

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 3:57 pm
Didn't take that one, but I tend to score really high on IQ tests and it doesn't help me in life an iota. Good for the self esteem and not much else.

gold21

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 4:02 pm
agreer wrote:
I scored 42, meaning 135 or higher... dumb

You mean 142 Wink

Did you figure out the unscrambled word??

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 4:26 pm
gold21 wrote:

Also, the question on the phrase "The pen is mightier than the sword" is dependent on the test-taker having received a good education, not on intelligence. I knew the answer, but that's because Im familiar with the phrase from school, not cuz I'm the second coming of Einstein.

So was my answer wrong just because I never learnt that?

zaq wrote:
I don't know how smart I am* but I can tell you my computer is not smart at all. I click and click on an answer and nothing happens. Officially, then, my IQ is at the bottom of the heap, at least for this go-around.

*It probably depends on the phase of the moon, how much sleep I got last night and numerous other factors including how much I like or dislike the entity with which I am interacting.

Where I come from, as long as you prove you have a sense of humor it's enough.

I got a 129 btw. the first time. Then I did it again.

Zehava

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 4:44 pm
I read somewhere that these tests only work on kids. I took it in elementary school and got somewhere in the range of gifted.

Stars

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 4:48 pm
zaq wrote:

This.

My IQ? I don't know and I don't care.

gold21

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 4:49 pm
Zehava wrote:
I read somewhere that these tests only work on kids. I took it in elementary school and got somewhere in the range of gifted.

Why would it work on kids?
I'm curious.

I once took an online IQ test when I was like 15ish, and it told me I was brilliant. Hehe. Tell that to my teachers. Um...

Oh, unless you mean you took an actual IQ test with someone qualified to give IQ tests? Yeah, cool, I assume those are legit. Very cool. Thumbs Up

Last edited by gold21 on Wed, Feb 08 2017, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

relish

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 4:54 pm
15 minute test- I almost ran out of time. I found it challenging.

You scored a 37, whichputs you in the 98thpercentile. According tothe WAIS, your IQ isbetween 132 and 135.

According to the brilliant moms here, it seems like I am on the lower end of the imamother spectrum.

gold21

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 4:57 pm
relish wrote:
15 minute test- I almost ran out of time. I found it challenging.

You scored a 37, whichputs you in the 98thpercentile. According tothe WAIS, your IQ isbetween 132 and 135.

According to the brilliant moms here, it seems like I am on the lower end of the imamother spectrum.

Oh now I get what Agreer what saying. Yeah there was a number on my results page. I think 44? Hmm. No idea. I'll have to retake it later.

Anyways yes welcome to Imamother, where everyone is exceptionally brilliant and pretty enough to stop traffic. Wink

relish

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 5:03 pm
I just had to see what happens when you get every answer wrong.

You scored a 4, whichputs you in the 2ndpercentile. According tothe WAIS, your IQ is below75.

Do you get 4 points for being able to select an answer?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics