Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Tri-State Area - Are you working today?
1  2  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 9:27 am
Both my husband and my boss don't understand why I don't want to go in to work to day. It's only about a 15 minute drive from home, and my boss claims that the roads are fine now. But he lives much closer and he's right off the main road that our office is off of , and I have to take a few side roads before I get to a main road.

Even if the roads aren't bad now, according to the forecast they're going to get worse. My boss claims it will be over in an hour or so. I told him I'll wait an hour and see what's doing. He's generally a very reasonable and understanding boss, and I just took off Mon and Tue for midwinter vacation, so I'm very backed up and I understand why he wants me to come in. But I'm not a fearless man, I'm a very nervous woman. I'm the only other person in the office, so it's not like I can do what my coworkers are doing. I don't know what do.

sky

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:02 am
In the future can you plan to work from home - like take home paperwork or work on the computer.
In my office few went in but many are working from home.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:03 am
And here I am feeling guilty for not going in because I have an hour and a half commute...... Thanks for assuaging my guilt 😀

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:04 am
I'm at work. I am also an idiot. In my defense, I take the underground.

gibberish

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:05 am
On those days my boss used to pick me up from home and drive me to work because he wanted me to come in. Is he willing to do the same?

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:32 am
Im sorry but your boss is not being reasonable. In NY it is blizzarding and it is reckless to drive in a storm that is projected to get worse. Its not safe and you dont feel comfortable and leave it at that!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:34 am
I was all ready to go and cleaned off my car and everything and my husband literally begged me not to go. I'm pregnant and he said it's not worth the risk. But a lot of the people I work with went in so I feel really guilty. If it gets better I'll go but it looks like it's only getting worse. Can't even enjoy the day off because I feel bad for not going Sad

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:49 am
Im a sahm but my husband traveled an hour to nyc. This mommy is not happy.....

cnc

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:52 am
Husband traveled and hour to work.

Boys have regular school and girls don't .

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:53 am
Im in PA. Office is closed today.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 10:58 am
cnc wrote:
Husband traveled and hour to work.

Boys have regular school and girls don't .

lol I think my boys are part of the 2 yeshivos in BP that canceled yeshiva today because as you said it seem like the rest of them have .

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 11:03 am
sky wrote:
In the future can you plan to work from home - like take home paperwork or work on the computer.
In my office few went in but many are working from home.

I'm not set up to work from home, and I really don't want it to be an option for him. He's very nice, but he works practically 24/6 and if it was possible for me to work from home I think he would call me with "urgent favors" a little too often.

Quote:
On those days my boss used to pick me up from home and drive me to work because he wanted me to come in. Is he willing to do the same?

I can't imagine it would be worth it for him. He lives the other direction from our office, and in this weather it would take at least a half hour each way. So that means minimum 2 hours to get me to and from work, I don't think he wants me to come in that badly.

Quote:
Im sorry but your boss is not being reasonable. In NY it is blizzarding and it is reckless to drive in a storm that is projected to get worse. Its not safe and you dont feel comfortable and leave it at that!

I'm in Lakewood and it's not a blizzard here, just a regular snow storm. It also started snowing much later than predicted, so the final accumulation probably won't be near what they predicted. My side street really doesn't look too bad, and my husband and boss both said the roads weren't bad when they went to work, which was around 930 or 10.

I'm very nervous about driving in snow always, so it's hard to know if I'm being unreasonable or if the roads are really unsafe.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 11:12 am
I'm at work and people who lived too far Had to sleep here last night. But I work in a hospital, not having staff isn't really an option.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 11:26 am
yes! Hospitals don't have snow days! Either does my baby's daycare! 😃😃😃

studying_torah

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 11:30 am
The schools in North jersey are closed, im a stahm , so I'm here anyhow. Dh is home w the flu.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 11:38 am
Daycare and schools are closed. I live walking distance to work. I walked to work and husband is home with kiddies.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 11:39 am
I am officially working from home. I have one kid home with me (the other had school) and he is making me a little nuts.
I feel really guilty too because I was off (working from home) Monday and Tuesday also for midwinter vacation. Nothing I can do I am not dragging my little one with me to work in this weather. But apparently 99% of my office is in. My husband is working.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 11:40 am
In central jersey all schools closed today
Public and pivate girls and boys. My sons school thst never closes closed today.
Streets seem ok though now, but they re predicting it to become heavy soon...

saw50st8

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 11:46 am
I commute to NYC. It wasn't that bad.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 11:46 am
husband left at 7.. I drove at 830. was surprised to see school buses in Boro Park. My office is closed. no one else came so I get to catch up on my work with no one bothering me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics