Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Tznius 2yo boy and 5yo girl

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 12:43 pm
I have a 2yo ds and a 5yo dd. At what age should they not have a have together anymore / my dd not get changed in front of him? We are Yekkes if that helps, not chassidishe and not modern. I have older dds (no other ds - so this is new to me) - the others all dress tzniusly in front of him.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 4:38 pm
if you meant bath ... they are at a good age to stop - too much curiosity in a bath

dressing & undressing at this young age wouldn't faze me - you can't exactly hide your boy when you care for him

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 5:31 pm
I'm not worried about my 5 yo dd seeing her brother, but rather the other way around. What are people's thoughts on this? Is there a specific age where it's not appropriate any more. As soon as I stopped breastfeeding him (around age 1) I was careful not to expose myself to him at all. This is a whole new world to me after only having girls! I was starting to feel uncomfortable with them sharing a bath...

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 5:43 pm
Are you worried about a 2 year old having inappropriate thoughts?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 5:45 pm
I had a 2yr old son with a 4 yr old daughter .. when I saw the 2 yr old start to notice differences and start to ask questions I anwered something like hshm made girls and boys different and then didnt bath them together anymore (even though it would have been so much eisier) or have them dress or undress in the same room at the same time
Its normal and natural for them to see differences and want to know why.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 8:53 pm
I talk about tznius, and tell kids not to look when something is not tznius, but I don't make a huge deal out of it or force DD2 to leave the room when changing my (not-fully-toilet-trained) DS4.

lifesagift

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 8:59 pm
I believe there's a source for "protecting the eyes" from 3 yrs n up.. there r definitely mothers who continue to breastfeed their toddlers n it's generally accepted that kids wouldn't recall the things they may see before 3, or atleast it wouldn't make an impression I guess, if that's what ur asking.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
Are you worried about a 2 year old having inappropriate thoughts?

No, but I'm starting to think that it might be inappropriate for him to be seeing her naked.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
No, but I'm starting to think that it might be inappropriate for him to be seeing her naked.

If that's what you think - then don't let DS see DD naked. You'll feel better.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not worried about my 5 yo dd seeing her brother, but rather the other way around. What are people's thoughts on this? Is there a specific age where it's not appropriate any more. As soon as I stopped breastfeeding him (around age 1) I was careful not to expose myself to him at all. This is a whole new world to me after only having girls! I was starting to feel uncomfortable with them sharing a bath...

Follow your gut. If you're starting to feel uncomfortable about it, it's a good time to stop.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 4:50 am
My issue with DS- almost 3, he leaves the door wide open when using the toilet. Freshly potty trained.

pizza4

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 8:59 am
No reason to keep bathing them together. Bathe one at a time, it doesn't have to get complicated, one in and out, drain the water and add fresh, next one in. Cleaner that way too.

pizza4

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 9:02 am
Iymnok wrote:
My issue with DS- almost 3, he leaves the door wide open when using the toilet. Freshly potty trained.

That's normal! My kids recently started to be okay with closing the door, ages 3 1/2 and 5.
Lots of kids don't like being in a closed bathroom. Let him get used to being trained and then there might be more important things to train him to do like flush each time, close the cover when done, etc Tongue Out Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics