Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Daughter doesnt want to go to school for 12 grade

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 8:21 pm
My daughter has not had it easy. She left lakewood after being in a horrible school she finished 9th grade there. She then went away for school. She is in 11 grade and doesnt want to go back next year. She has had a bit of a dificult time there, but overall liked it. BUT now tells me she wants to go somewhere else for 12 grade. She doesnt want to get a GED. SHE wants a diploma. I honestly want her to stick to it, and hope she is just going through a phase. What school would take her or 12 grade only? I need some help please.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 8:42 pm
I can't answer your whole quetsion, but I had 3 classmates that joined us only in 12th grade.
One of them TOTALLY integrated into the class so much that we oculnd't imagine what it was like without her, the others were nice but not as integrated.

So yes it's done and yes it can be great.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 8:43 pm
Would homeschooling or doing an online school be an option to finish her last year?

I live in San Diego and we have a wonderful small girls high school here called "Torah High". Contact the school and see if it might be a good fit for your daughter.

greenfire

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 9:09 pm
or perhaps her current school can help her take the few extra classes she actually needs to graduate early ... that is the better avenue

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:10 am
Many community colleges allow you to get your diploma while taking college level courses. So she can finish 12th grade and 1 year of college at the same time.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 5:47 am
My cousin went through the same thing. She was pushed ahead a grade and now she works. Would she try a school in Brooklyn?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 5:57 am
I went to three different schools for 9, 10 and 11th grade. I wanted to switch schools for 12th gr. in retrospect, I'm glad that my parents made me stay put for 12th gr.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children