Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do Hotels Gross You Out?
1  2  3  Next

ttbtbm

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 11:57 pm
DH loves to travel. He is interested in different cultures and enjoys discovering interesting sites. I'm happy to go along with him but I dislike hotels so much!
The thought of all those people who were in the room before us... I almost gag when laying down on the pillows...
Anyone else?

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:02 am
Bring your own pillow cases.

Hotels are disgusting but necessary.

OMG!

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:04 am
Squishy wrote:
Bring your own pillow cases.

Hotels are disgusting but necessary.

Yes. And your own summer quilt if you have space. And read reviews before booking.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:08 am
Vrbo

Reesa

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:08 am
Bring crocs for the shower. Dont put your suitcase down on the floor. Use those suitcase stands and pull away from the wall. Put every item in your suitcase on the hottest possible wash cycle when you get home, whether you wore the item or not.
Then vacuum your suitcase.

ttbtbm

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:10 am
OMG! wrote:
Yes. And your own summer quilt if you have space. And read reviews before booking.

I have brought my own pillow case AND pillow!
I was beginning to think something was wrong with me. But I'm not like this in any other area of my life.
I read reviews for days before booking. I'd doesn't always help. We recently stayed at a hotel with excellent reviews and really nice room pics. When we walked into the room we were so pleased! But then we saw the stains on the chairs and couches. There was an interesting and unpleasant odor in the bathroom. I counted down the seconds until we were ready to leave.
I woke up so many times that night that I lost count.
I just need my bed!

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:23 am
Same here. Hotels gross me out.

I work with someone who used to clean hotels. Some tips from her: 1. Dont ever sit on the top quilt on the bed. Those don't get washed between people. 2. Don't ever use the coffee urn. They have found feces as well as other undesirables in there.

She said they used to be able to take as long as needed to clean a room. Lately she said they are encouraged to take 15 minutes or less to clean a room. Gross!

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:25 am
I like staying in (nice) hotels. I enjoy the change of pace and the change of scenery.

Some of the answers here strike me as slightly neurotic.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:31 am
If it's a gross hotel then it grossed me out. Bh we usually stay in beautiful hotels and I really enjoy the experience.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:31 am
I have a friend who stayed in a (nice) hotel in Fl and came home with bedbugs. Had to spend thousands of dollars to rid her home of it.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:44 am
There is always the bed bug registry. Doesn't anyone here use it?
http://bedbugregistry.com/

ttbtbm

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:48 am
ohmygosh wrote:
Same here. Hotels gross me out.

I work with someone who used to clean hotels. Some tips from her: 1. Dont ever sit on the top quilt on the bed. Those don't get washed between people. 2. Don't ever use the coffee urn. They have found feces as well as other undesirables in there.

She said they used to be able to take as long as needed to clean a room. Lately she said they are encouraged to take 15 minutes or less to clean a room. Gross!

Reading this is giving me a panic attack! Seriously GROSS! Seriously!
(And I haven't used the word gross in more decades than I can count! )

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:52 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
There is always the bed bug registry. Doesn't anyone here use it?
http://bedbugregistry.com/

No I never did. Thanks for the info!

perquacky

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 1:03 am
I always fold the bedspread down and fold the sheet over the blanket so the blanket doesn't touch me. Because the bedspread and blanket are not washed often, but the sheets are washed every time. I always wear socks or shoes when walking around the room. And I always bring my own pillow because I'm spoiled and need a down pillow. Lumpy pillows don't cut it.

kiryat sefer

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 1:04 am
https://youtu.be/GL-4Woy94a0

Ilovemaryland

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 1:09 am
ohmygosh wrote:
I have a friend who stayed in a (nice) hotel in Fl and came home with bedbugs. Had to spend thousands of dollars to rid her home of it.

Im looking for a place for pesach iyh
Last week I was reading an article about some very upscale places that had bedbugs and other problems

Read reviews carefully before going

jewwoman

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:36 am
Omygosh. Thats ridiculous. Why would anyone spend so much money to stay in an unclean hotel. I dont believe half of this. I understand cheaper hotels may have some hygiene issues but the more expensive? Really?

jewwoman

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:38 am
And if there are bed bugs you would see them. All hotels use white bed linen. Pull open the covers and if its all clean your ok. Wow im gona read reviews of hotels more often now... Speechless 👍

MitzadSheini

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 1:05 pm
Can I suggest if you are reading this and you DON'T have a problem being grossed out by hotels, then you should stop reading this thread right now. I'm doing you a BIG favour. Seriously, go read something else.

(those who have written on here I hope you understand and are not offended)

sourstix

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 1:18 pm
Btw bedbugs are not seen in daylight and only in a specific way. If you don't know your facts don't speak till you know. Gosh. Some people love to comment without thinking. No bedbugs are not easily seen. That's what's tricky about it.

Now I've been grossed out of hotels years ago. I stay put.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics