Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Parve stuffed vegetables

btdivorcedmom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 1:20 am
I am looking for ideas on what to stuff various vegetables with, like peppers, baby eggplants, zucchini, tomatoes, etc. I need to keep it parve, and we prefer Mediterranean type of flavor. We also don't use soy and try not to use processed ingredients. Any ideas?

jewwoman

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 2:01 am
Stuffed eggplant with veg tiny couscous and sprinkle with cheese on top. I usually fry the veg till soft.
First cut eggplant in half. Score it and drizzle with olive oil. Bake it till u can scoop out the middle. Cook the couscous. (Its the tiny tiny one that u just add hot water to) mix it with the veg add it to the eggplant shell sprinkle woth cheese and melt it under a grill. Really filling and u can add whatever u want to it

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 2:15 am
You have many options.

Start by sauteing finely diced onion. Add garlic if you like. Add any vegetable that you scooped out to make room for stuffing (works best with zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms). You can add other veggies as well. Add spices/herbs and S&P to taste.

You can mix this with some breadcrumbs and an egg to stuff small veggies where you need to hold the overflowing stuffing together.

For larger veggies such as peppers, you may want to mix with a cooked grain such as quinoa or farro or rice. Increase the seasoning of the veggie mixture if you plan on doing this because the flavor gets diluted.

You can play around with different veggie/grain/seasoning combinations to see what you and your family enjoy the most.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking