Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Marble cake recipe challenge!

kidhugger

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 2:32 pm
Hi, I am looking for a delicious moist marble cake recipe that is not too crumbly.
But please
No separating eggs
No margarine
No chocolate syrup (unless I can easily make it at home)
No almond extract
Thank you!!!!
P.s.I usually use 70 percent spelt or whole wheat flour and organic cane or Demerara sugar. I don't know if it matters, just mentioning it.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 2:41 pm
If you're looking for a pound cake type marble recipe, go with this.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....38394

If you want a light marble recipe and willing to take out your mixing bowl, this one.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....ponge

OMG!

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 3:53 pm
I have a great recipe my sister gave me. And it's the best!!!! U beat whole eggs for 10 minutes until light and fluffy. Can look up recipe later if you want.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:04 pm
if I say so myself this is the best marble cake out there

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....+cake

workaholicmama

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:10 pm
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup hot water
1 Tbsp coffee
1/4 tsp baking powder
Mix well and let cool while you do the next steps.

14 whole eggs
2.5 cups sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 vanilla sugar
Beat on high speed for at least 10-15 minutes
Lower speed and add
1 1/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cup water
4 cup flour.

kidhugger

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:15 pm
Wow thanks. I wonder if I can use coconut butter instead of Crisco in Greenfires recipe.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:45 pm
kidhugger wrote:
Wow thanks. I wonder if I can use coconut butter instead of Crisco in Greenfires recipe.

yes totally ~ especially since your going the whole wheat route & the demerara sugar would be yum as well ... it would give it a coconut kick ... but it would surely work & coconut & chocolate are a great combo

in place of the [rich's] pareve milk you can also use any healthy alternative ...

kidhugger

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 7:05 pm
Greenfire, you seem like a real experienced baker. My coconut oil is deodarized and doesn't taste like coconut. I wanted to use it instead of Crisco for health reasons.
I am hoping that the recipe will still work well. I originally asked for a recipe without margarine. So I hope that it will work well with non melted coconut oil.
I also don't have a real mixer, just hand held egg beaters.

Thanks!

Any other recipes are still welcome!

iyar

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 7:23 pm
workaholicmama wrote:
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup hot water
1 Tbsp coffee
1/4 tsp baking powder
Mix well and let cool while you do the next steps.

14 whole eggs
2.5 cups sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 vanilla sugar
Beat on high speed for at least 10-15 minutes
Lower speed and add
1 1/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cup water
4 cup flour.

Workamama, that's a huge recipe!
With no instructions!
No oven temp and time!
No baking pan size / type!

Please clarify:
What do you do with the cocoa mixture you set aside? Use it to "Marble-ize" after you pour the batter into the baking pan(s)? Or add some batter to it as I've seen in other marble cake recipes and then use it?
Can I cut this in half?
Also please provide the rest of the missing info I indicated above.

TYIA!

kidhugger

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 9:19 pm
Brynie Greisman once had a marble cake recipe in Mishpacha that used a third cup measuring cups and made concentric circles. I just spent an hour looking for it......
Would a kind soul be able to post it? Please? Or send a link if there is one?
Thank you!

(I am a little nervous using coconut oil instead of Crisco, although I may take a risk and do it anyway......)

workaholicmama

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 9:47 pm
iyar wrote:
Workamama, that's a huge recipe!
With no instructions!
No oven temp and time!
No baking pan size / type!

Please clarify:
What do you do with the cocoa mixture you set aside? Use it to "Marble-ize" after you pour the batter into the baking pan(s)? Or add some batter to it as I've seen in other marble cake recipes and then use it?
Can I cut this in half?
Also please provide the rest of the missing info I indicated above.

TYIA!

Oh sorry I was in a rush and didn't realize not everyone is so used to these cakes. My mother used to make it all the time. It is indeed a large recipe, but with a large family Keh it's finished in a week.... we make it in a cake bekele(slightly larger than a 6116 roaster but not a large roaster) I've also done it in 2 9by 13s. After pouring most of the batter into the bekele, add the cocoa mixture to the mixing bowl and mix well, then marbelize. Bake at 350. Sorry no clue about timing. I think after about an hour I start to keep a careful eye till it looks done, then test with a toothpick if it comes out clean.
My mother u'h used to slice it and put in a basket in freezer ready bags that we grab on the way to school... (the edges are best eaten fresh, so those were usually devoured right away, before slicing the rest of the cake)

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 11:12 pm
there is no need in being wary of the coconut oil ... it's thick it's white it's oil ... I've used it before in making vegan healthier versions of cakes & cookies [I still taste the coconut - but yes it is mild in comparison to coconut milk or actual coconut]

just use some elbow grease/arm muscle you can bake without electric mixers ... that's how it was once done Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins