Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Curly sheitels? What's in your spray bottle?

flmommy

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 7:14 am
So I am struggling with my curly sheitel. It's not even new I just can never get its care right. Pretty much everytime I wear it it needs to be de-knotted and then it's frizzy. I was told by the place I bought it to spray it with water. This does help the curl but it makes the sheitel hair look "dried out." I tried adding some conditioner to the spray bottle but this seems to make the sheitel knot even more and seems to build up quickly. Maybe the conditioner is attracting dirt? I knew a curly sheitel more more maintenance (yes I myself have curly hair) but this seems a little excessive. Unless I completely wash and condition the hair daily it doesn't look nice. Plus I'm worried because the more I wash and brush it the more hair falls out and it was a pricey wig. Please help with your suggestions.

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:50 am
Are you using a brush or a comb? What products are put into the wig after the wash?

When I wash my wigs, I put either mousse in them, or styling cream and curl primer spray. I spray them daily with water and comb through. The water generally reactivates the product in the hair. I typically have to add more product every 2 weeks give or take, and I do this until it gets gross and then I wash again.

Maybe you need to change the products that you use in the first place?

flmommy

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:11 am
Hmm, I initially haven't been putting any product into the sheitel at all. That's amazing you can go two weeks between washings. I think I will try this. You don't get white flakes or it's not too hard to comb through with the product to get out the underneath knots?

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:16 am
flmommy wrote:
Hmm, I initially haven't been putting any product into the sheitel at all. That's amazing you can go two weeks between washings. I think I will try this. You don't get white flakes or it's not too hard to comb through with the product to get out the underneath knots?

Oh, I go MONTHS in between washings!! I just mean that every 2 weeks or so I need to add a bit more product because the water that I spray slowly washes out what's in there.

I don't get any flakes or buildup, and it's not particularly difficult to comb through.

flmommy

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:50 am
Wow, ok I knew I was doing this all wrong. Thank you. Any products you especially recommend?

STMommy

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 1:03 pm
I love these:

https://www.google.com/shoppin.....AIwAQ

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-P.....h=sem
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels