Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moving to Toms River and Jackson is moving to LAKEWOOD!!!!!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

estibesty

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:19 am
This is bugging me to no end! I live in Lakewood my whole life so trust me when I say this. When I see forums on here and lots time on Facebook diff questions from outsiders that they are moving to Toms River or Jackson they seem to assume that Toms River (or Jackson) is there own little frum town! Let me tell you when you are moving to Toms River and Jackson you are moving to LAKEWOOD!!!! Toms River doesn't have there own school there own groceries there own anything frum. You are moving to lakewood! It's just like moving a few blocks away from Lakewood border where your house is situated but don't assume u ain't moving to Lakewood!

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:26 am
They're not moving to Lakewood.
You have people "complaining" that they don't get bus service and they need to pay for garbage collection because they don't live in Lakewood.
I'm pretty sure that all the people looking into Toms River and Jackson are aware that there are no schools there Wink

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:33 am
their usually asking which blocks have frum people and what the shul situation is, and also what types live in different areas.

estibesty

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:35 am
cnc wrote:
They're not moving to Lakewood.
You have people "complaining" that they don't get bus service and they need to pay for garbage collection because they don't live in Lakewood.
I'm pretty sure that all the people looking into Toms River and Jackson are aware that there are no schools there Wink
. I've seen Anne heard ppl (not all but a few times) seem to be asking about what Toms River /Jackson community is like! Its Lakewood it not its own community that what I'm refer too I'm not refer too if there busses on the blocks that are considered Toms River

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:37 am
this is an ongoing debate between some of my relatives....

I think some people move to Jackson because Lakewood has become so expensive - they would've bought in Lakewood, but got more bang for their buck in Jackson. They move as close as they can to Lakewood, and consider themselves part of Lakewood. Brookwood area, White Road area, come to mind.

But some people move to Jackson or Toms River because they really don't feel part of the Lakewood community, and in fact need their space from it. But yeah, they do benefit from the schools, Kosher groceries, and other shops, etc....

estibesty

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
their usually asking which blocks have frum people and what the shul situation is, and also what types live in different areas.
. Ok but they should be aware there moving to Lakewood seems like not all the ppl that are come to move down here know this .

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:38 am
estibesty wrote:
. Ok but they should be aware there moving to Lakewood seems like not all the ppl that are come to move down here know this .

in what way should they be aware? What do they need to know?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:40 am
Why do they spread out to Toms River and Jackson but not Howell or brick?

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:41 am
estibesty wrote:

In what aspect?
The people that I know that moved, specifically moved there (as opposed to Lakewood ) for the house with large areas of land around there for decent prices. This can't be found in Lakewood!The pros are that there is whatever you need a few minute drive away .

What don't people know?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:41 am
estibesty wrote:
This is bugging me to no end! I live in Lakewood my whole life so trust me when I say this. When I see forums on here and lots time on Facebook diff questions from outsiders that they are moving to Toms River or Jackson they seem to assume that Toms River (or Jackson) is there own little frum town! Let me tell you when you are moving to Toms River and Jackson you are moving to LAKEWOOD!!!! Toms River doesn't have there own school there own groceries there own anything frum. You are moving to lakewood! It's just like moving a few blocks away from Lakewood border where your house is situated but don't assume u ain't moving to Lakewood!

It is "their" not "there".

estibesty

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:46 am
Chayalle wrote:
in what way should they be aware? What do they need to know?
. They need to know they are not move to there own frum community it's just Lakewood just a few blocks up

estibesty

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:47 am
amother wrote:
It is "their" not "there".
Rolling Eyes

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 10:54 am
Why do you care any way?

All frum towns need to spread out eventually... be it high real estate prices or just plain no more room

Look at brooklyn...
Monsey...

They all pushed past their borders

estibesty

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
Why do you care any way?

All frum towns need to spread out eventually... be it high real estate prices or just plain no more room

Look at brooklyn...
Monsey...

They all pushed past their borders
Because from what I seen there moving down here and not realizing there move to Lakewood they need to be aware of that

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:25 am
I still don't understand what it is they need to be aware of.

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:27 am
estibesty wrote:
Because from what I seen there moving down here and not realizing there move to Lakewood they need to be aware of that

I'm confused.
Do people actually move to a place without checking it out beforehand?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:40 am
estibesty wrote:

It's they're not there.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 12:01 pm
In some ways it is true.

Lakewood mikva - I would hope that those who move to town are contributing to the mikva like young yeshiva couples are asked to. Unless some of the other communities are saving up to build thier own to be used all week.

Lakewood schools - don't know of any yet that are exclusive to Toms River\Jackson - there are no separate rules for people who live in those areas.

Hechsher - this isn't such a big deal. There is no certification that is more lenient then KCL and Satmar Dayan.

Busing - I guess if you move to Toms River you don't have to worry about his because there is none, in Jackson its a risk.

Rabbanim - Most still use the Lakewood rabbanim, I heard Jacson areas are looking to hire. Toms River - some areas do have a rav.

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 12:28 pm
amother wrote:
Why do they spread out to Toms River and Jackson but not Howell or brick?

Howell is in a different county so there would be issues with schools and bussing altogether. From what I have heard they are advertising homes in Howell "backing up to the Lakewood border" but I haven't heard of anyone living there.

There is one frum family in Brick but I don't believe there are any more yet. The west side of town, up until the Jackson border, is very settled and frum, so it was natural to push farther west into Jackson. The southern border up to Toms River is settled and frum, so it was natural to push into Toms River. The east side of town, near the Brick border, is not yet frum except in one area (Raintree) and even that is mixed, so it seems to be less of a natural progression.

summer0808

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 12:45 pm
actually there are yidden along Kent Road in Howell. Lakewood is very frum up to the Howell border.

What I think OP is trying to express is that although there are alot of advantages to living in Lakewood, that is the infrastructure. that is the con of TR & Jackson as well.

You might think you can be more out of the box there but at the end of the day you are subject to Lakewood schools and will have to conform. Even BY of Western Monmouth moved into Lakewood!
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics