Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Would you use this without dr. permission?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 3:01 pm
My 8 mo. baby has eczema and I came across this product. (see link below). I've read great reviews all over and it's completely natural. But, directions clearly state " Not to be used with children under 2 years of age without physician direction." Do I really need to call my dr.? We often have differing opinions.

https://www.forcesofnaturemedi......html

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 3:04 pm
I would ask anyway and hear what dr has to say. Also, is it really necessary to treat eczema at all in such a young baby - does it bother the baby and what did dr recommend to do about it?

sourstix

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 3:06 pm
If you don't trust your doctor then you need to address that first

Iymnok

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 3:14 pm
Have you gotten rid of the common culprits? Dairy, wheat, nuts, etc.?
Eczema comes from the inside.

abaker

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 3:35 pm
At first glance I see the box says "Penetrates deep into skin" and to my knowledge even natural remedies can contain very concentrated amounts of medicinal ingredients which can be safe or dangerous depending on many factors. I'd definitely ask a doctor first.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 3:52 pm
amother wrote:
I would ask anyway and hear what dr has to say. Also, is it really necessary to treat eczema at all in such a young baby - does it bother the baby and what did dr recommend to do about it?

I suppose you're lucky enough to never have experienced this. But, yes baby is suffering. has sleepless nights from scratch attacks.

happy12

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 3:54 pm
Marijuana is completely natural too.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 3:55 pm
[quote="Iymnok"]Have you gotten rid of the common culprits? Dairy, wheat, nuts, etc.?
Eczema comes from the inside.[/quote

He's only nursing and allergy testing came back very very low for dairy, peanuts and egg whites. Dr. said doesn't count. Esp. if I'm the one eating it.

Started him on probiotics and some immune booster vitamin a few days ago. but, he still needs relief NOW.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
I suppose you're lucky enough to never have experienced this. But, yes baby is suffering. has sleepless nights from scratch attacks.

Wow, I'm sorry that must be really tough - I understand your need to come up with something soon. Maybe can consult with a pediatric dematologist. I just would be very hesitant to use something like that on such a young baby without it being specifically recommended. Hatzlacha - I hope it gets resolved really soon.

mfb

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 4:18 pm
Please be careful. There was a cream out a while ago that stated no cortisone in it, but pple allergic to cortisone broke out from it and later it was revealed it had cortisone. Please see an allergist and work with him to figure something out. Like changing detergent, shampoo, some foods you eat...

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 4:23 pm
mfb wrote:
Please be careful. There was a cream out a while ago that stated no cortisone in it, but pple allergic to cortisone broke out from it and later it was revealed it had cortisone. Please see an allergist and work with him to figure something out. Like changing detergent, shampoo, some foods you eat...

Yes, aware of that product. But, that was a "heimishe " company. (hope this doesn't constitute lashom hora). y'know what I mean?

I already bought the product and it it says that it's certified organic by https://www.scsglobalservices.com/ and it's fda registered homeopathic

Does this help?

anonymrs

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 4:32 pm
[quote="amother"]
Iymnok wrote:
Have you gotten rid of the common culprits? Dairy, wheat, nuts, etc.?
Eczema comes from the inside.[/quote

He's only nursing and allergy testing came back very very low for dairy, peanuts and egg whites. Dr. said doesn't count. Esp. if I'm the one eating it.

Started him on probiotics and some immune booster vitamin a few days ago. but, he still needs relief NOW.

It's definitely worth trying to cut out those foods for 2 weeks and see if you notice any improvement. BTDT and it made a HUGE difference despite doctors blowing me off.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 4:44 pm
anonymrs wrote:
It's definitely worth trying to cut out those foods for 2 weeks and see if you notice any improvement. BTDT and it made a HUGE difference despite doctors blowing me off.

Thanks. I'll try!

lucky14

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 12:26 am
I would NOT use it without asking Dr. first. Too risky.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 12:57 pm
I would be hesitant to use it.

I had great hatzlacha with
going off dairy,nuts and citrus
using aquaphor gnerously
Minimal bathing
Using scent free detergent (I used shaklee) or double rinsing clothes
No fabric softener
I took vitamins - probiotics and flax seed oil daily

If the eczema is very bad, it may make sense to use cortisone to clear it and then use the above measures to maintain the good skin.

Hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics