Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Modern family--goodness!!
1  2  3  4  Next

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:02 am
I know that the show is all pc and everything goes, but I just watched season 8, episode 2 and a 7 year old transgender shock shock shock shock . What is wrong with people???????

In addition, I checked out comments about the episode to see what people say about it and I couldn't find anyone even mentioning that aspect of the show. I didn't check out all the comments, but enough of them.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:07 am
It's called "Modern" Family for a reason. They up very up to date with all American new trends.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:13 am
flowerpower wrote:
It's called "Modern" Family for a reason. They up very up to date with all American new trends.

I know, but 7?? Do something with an adult, not child.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:15 am
I remember recently they had a mom raising her son gay, whatever that means.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:31 am
flowerpower wrote:

Nearly half of all teens who identify as transgender have attempted suicide.

For people facing these issues, its not a "trend," its their child's life. I'm not going to pretend to understand. I'll be completely honest and forthright and say that I don't. I don't understand what it means to reject your own body. I don't understand how a child that young can understand gender identity, much less understand the difference between being a boy who happens to like dressing up in dresses and playing with dolls, and being a girl. But I wouldn't risk my child's life on it.

There are 6 genders identified in Talmud, not 2:

Zachar/זָכָר: This term is derived from the word for a pointy sword and refers to a phallus. It is usually translated as “male” in English.

Nekeivah/נְקֵבָה: This term is derived from the word for a crevice and probably refers to a vaginal opening. It is usually translated as “female” in English.

Androgynos/אַנְדְּרוֹגִינוֹס: A person who has both “male” and “female” s-xual characteristics. 149 references in Mishna and Talmud (1st-8th Centuries CE); 350 in classical midrash and Jewish law codes (2nd -16th Centuries CE).

Tumtum/ טֻומְטוּם A person whose s-xual characteristics are indeterminate or obscured. 181 references in Mishna and Talmud; 335 in classical midrash and Jewish law codes.

Ay’lonit/איילונית: A person who is identified as “female” at birth but develops “male” characteristics at puberty and is infertile. 80 references in Mishna and Talmud; 40 in classical midrash and Jewish law codes.

Saris/סריס: A person who is identified as “male” at birth but develops “female” characteristics as puberty and/or is lacking a aiver. A saris can be “naturally” a saris (saris hamah), or become one through human intervention (saris adam). 156 references in mishna and Talmud; 379 in classical midrash and Jewish law codes.

[Stolen from online]

Are we so sure that modern transsexuals aren't what was described at Ay'lonit or Saris? (In addition, obviously, to interz3xed people.)

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:45 am
I watch the series and enjoy their humor a lot, it's corny, light, and typical family-oriented mocking. I don't remember being shocked at anything portrayed. I can't say the same for The Bachelor...

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:08 am
six of wands. I used to think gay or whatever the name is they are crazy then I watched a documentary and my understanding changed. I actually feel for them. living in a closed up shell and not express yourself for who youare is immensly painful.

I think people can understand this but either wont or are just not educated to understand it. it either messes with their religion or just dont want to be messed up with their facts. it takes maturity and a willingness to understand this. (and many more things). so to those who disagree with this. have you really educated yourselves? have you listened to what the experts in the field have to say to this? do you really think people are willing to mock themselves to go to the other gender? leave their whole family and community and their whole life because they dont care? or because they have gonna that nuts? then they wouldnt be happy after doing this. they are clearly happy after they have done this.

its the ones who wont accept them and mock them and bullly them that makes them miserable.

ok I just realized I have gone off topic. forgive me.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:19 am
Sourstix, what is shocking the OP is the age, not the transgender part. I would also assume that gender and s-xuality only start making a real difference to a person's identity at puberty, but what do I know.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:25 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Nearly half of all teens who identify as transgender have attempted suicide.

For people facing these issues, its not a "trend," its their child's life. I'm not going to pretend to understand. I'll be completely honest and forthright and say that I don't. I don't understand what it means to reject your own body. I don't understand how a child that young can understand gender identity, much less understand the difference between being a boy who happens to like dressing up in dresses and playing with dolls, and being a girl. But I wouldn't risk my child's life on it.

Zachar/זָכָר: This term is derived from the word for a pointy sword and refers to a phallus. It is usually translated as “male” in English.

Nekeivah/נְקֵבָה: This term is derived from the word for a crevice and probably refers to a vaginal opening. It is usually translated as “female” in English.

Androgynos/אַנְדְּרוֹגִינוֹס: A person who has both “male” and “female” s-xual characteristics. 149 references in Mishna and Talmud (1st-8th Centuries CE); 350 in classical midrash and Jewish law codes (2nd -16th Centuries CE).

Tumtum/ טֻומְטוּם A person whose s-xual characteristics are indeterminate or obscured. 181 references in Mishna and Talmud; 335 in classical midrash and Jewish law codes.

Ay’lonit/איילונית: A person who is identified as “female” at birth but develops “male” characteristics at puberty and is infertile. 80 references in Mishna and Talmud; 40 in classical midrash and Jewish law codes.

Saris/סריס: A person who is identified as “male” at birth but develops “female” characteristics as puberty and/or is lacking a aiver. A saris can be “naturally” a saris (saris hamah), or become one through human intervention (saris adam). 156 references in mishna and Talmud; 379 in classical midrash and Jewish law codes.

[Stolen from online]

Are we so sure that modern transsexuals aren't what was described at Ay'lonit or Saris? (In addition, obviously, to interz3xed people.)

Unfortunately, suicide rates do not drop and some studies show that they may even increase after transition. Either way, I feel it's child abuse to confuse kids this way. They don't understand gender and will most grow out of it. Pumping kids with hormones or hormone blockers, is extremely unhealthy.
Also, I thought liberals believe gender is a social construct. A boy who likes to play with dolls is just that. And many tomboys (such as myself) grow up to be very feminine women. And, no there is not a difference between the child saying ”I am the opposite gender” vs. ”I wish I was.” I said both as a pre teen and a young teen. I had a deep voice and was hairy and awkward. I loved action movies and played with boys. I was convinced g-d made a mistake. Guess what. I grew out of it. I am now a very feminine straight woman who loves being a woman.
I feel that the trans children are being used by their parents to virtue signal and show how hip and progressive they are. I know one such woman like this. Her poor son. She hasn't labled him just yet, but is definitely heading down that road. Yes her son like to play with Barbies etc. And is not as active as some other little boys. So just let him be. She's obsessed. He has absorbed that if he chooses pink over blue, mommy is going to be really happy etc. A real pity.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:42 am
sourstix wrote:
six of wands. I used to think gay or whatever the name is they are crazy then I watched a documentary and my understanding changed. I actually feel for them. living in a closed up shell and not express yourself for who youare is immensly painful.

I think people can understand this but either wont or are just not educated to understand it. it either messes with their religion or just dont want to be messed up with their facts. it takes maturity and a willingness to understand this. (and many more things). so to those who disagree with this. have you really educated yourselves? have you listened to what the experts in the field have to say to this? do you really think people are willing to mock themselves to go to the other gender? leave their whole family and community and their whole life because they dont care? or because they have gonna that nuts? then they wouldnt be happy after doing this. they are clearly happy after they have done this.

its the ones who wont accept them and mock them and bullly them that makes them miserable.

ok I just realized I have gone off topic. forgive me.

I feel very bad for people who are suffering from gender dysphoria. It must feel terrible not to be able to accept and love your body. I don't think anyone disputes that there are people who are suffering. It's the treatment that is the argument. And if this actually means that they are of a different gender or not. Studies have shown that for a short time after surgery/transition, suicide rates drop and the patients seem happier. But after a few short years, the rates rebound and may be even higher. Columbia university hospital was the first hospital to offer gender reassignment surgery in the US, but they have discontinued it as they find it bad medicine and does not help the patients.

Anyway, this is a different discussion about young children. The American College of Pediatricians put out a statement that promoting transgenderism in young children and using hormone blockers is child abuse.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 1:24 pm
but it's quite hilarious entertainment ... extremely modern - they've got one of every kind ... almost

hm ~ someone has to marry a jew now

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 1:46 pm
I have a relative whose son is in kindergarten with a transgender child. I can't even.

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:12 pm
ok silver amother bring me some professionals in the field that say suicide doesnt drop. I am willing to learn. this is about education. no im not mocking or questioning you. as I have mentioned that I did watch a documentary to educate myself.

anyone with studies please link them I would like to see them. thanks for making this an educational thread.

and to those that the parents are encouraging this. you are joking right? you realize this isnt something funny. and not a single parent wants their child to have gender dysphoria. please dont make this a mockery. its pretty serious at least to me.

I am only on this thread to educate myself.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:18 pm
Just on case anyone is confused, "Modern Family" isn't about a Modern ORTHODOX Family. Very Happy

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:24 pm
amother wrote:
I feel very bad for people who are suffering from gender dysphoria. It must feel terrible not to be able to accept and love your body. I don't think anyone disputes that there are people who are suffering. It's the treatment that is the argument. And if this actually means that they are of a different gender or not. Studies have shown that for a short time after surgery/transition, suicide rates drop and the patients seem happier. But after a few short years, the rates rebound and may be even higher. Columbia university hospital was the first hospital to offer gender reassignment surgery in the US, but they have discontinued it as they find it bad medicine and does not help the patients.

Anyway, this is a different discussion about young children. The American College of Pediatricians put out a statement that promoting transgenderism in young children and using hormone blockers is child abuse.

I don't think that they use hormone blockers on young children. What hormones would they block?

My only point (expressed quite poorly) really was that those of us, like me, who don't have a clue about this should act with compassion. Not express horror at a TV show, or a real person. And especially not at a child.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 3:26 pm
sourstix wrote:
ok silver amother bring me some professionals in the field that say suicide doesnt drop. I am willing to learn. this is about education. no im not mocking or questioning you. as I have mentioned that I did watch a documentary to educate myself.

anyone with studies please link them I would like to see them. thanks for making this an educational thread.

and to those that the parents are encouraging this. you are joking right? you realize this isnt something funny. and not a single parent wants their child to have gender dysphoria. please dont make this a mockery. its pretty serious at least to me.

I am only on this thread to educate myself.

https://www.acpeds.org/the-col.....ldren

This is from the American college of Pediatricians. When I have more time, I will link to actual studies.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 4:05 pm
flowerpower wrote:

Being a tran$exual isn't a trend.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

This is from the American college of Pediatricians. When I have more time, I will link to actual studies.

They're not who you think they are. They are a conservative lobbying organization that also links homoz3xuality to pedophilia, claims that LGBT people are more promiscuous than heterosexuals, and claims that LGBT people are a danger to children. They sent a letter to 14,000 school districts supporting gay conversion therapy. http://factsaboutyouth.com/wp-.....1.pdf

Citing this hate group is sort of like citing BDS to show how bad Israel is.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 4:20 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

[Stolen from online]

Isn't it amazing that tran$exuals an inter$ex individuals were recognize so long ago?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:00 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

[Stolen from online]

Does anyone who has actually learned mishnayos say that?

Androgynous is a thought exercise, if we know the halachah for a man and the halachah for a woman, what is the halachah for someone who is neither?

Tumtum is also a thought exercise, for safek. How to work with someone for whom you can't tell if man or woman.

Aylonis is a woman who by 20 hasn't had her period. When discussing if she may marry, it is not a question of gay marriage.

Saris is a eunuch, or castrated man. Do you learn the megillah to mean that Achashverosh had transsexuals watching his women? בָּעֶרֶב הִיא בָאָה וּבַבֹּקֶר הִיא שָׁבָה אֶל-בֵּית הַנָּשִׁים שֵׁנִי אֶל-יַד שַׁעַשְׁגַז סְרִיס הַמֶּלֶךְ שֹׁמֵר הַפִּילַגְשִׁים
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics