Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Jobs on School Calendar

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:41 pm
I currently work in the accounting department of a company. I would love love love to have my summers off. With the exception of teaching or being a therapist in a school is there any job that I can I have my summers off or at least a month off in the summer. I have a bachelors in accounting and I am not looking to go back to school.

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:51 pm
I know the business office of my kids school is open in the summer but I think it is a lighter schedule then the rest of the year. Is that something you would be willing to do?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 8:45 pm
my husband is a parapro. 1:1 aide. Pay is lousy but summers are off and all you need is a BA generally. He happens to have a masters in ed but no teaching credential so teaching positions here for him are hard to come by.

I'm self employed and take off whenever I want. There's another great option. Smile

Also, very part time, when my friend needs me, I help out in her home babysitting service--- she takes fewer kids over the summer so I barely work with her at all over the summer.

agreer

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:57 pm
Psychiatrists usually take the month of August off...

Seriously, unless you're an accountant for a school -- and even then -- it's highly unlikely you will find such a job, except for the ones you mentioned: teacher, principal, therapist in school.

Sowwy.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:06 pm
Open your own firm. My parent was an accountant, and we always took our 10-day family vacation in August, which was the slow season at work. Not a whole month, but not bad by American standards. You have more worries about health insurance if you are self-employed, though.

Perhaps move to France or another country with more substantial summer vacations.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics