Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Questions about intuiniv
Previous  1  2

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 7:28 pm
My ds is taking 1 mg and I was told it lasts about 4-6 hrs. I'm not sure how we have such differences. I can actually tell when it wears off. He's also on aderral.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 7:32 pm
I think it lasts more like 8 + hrs. That's what it seams to me. By the morning he's all over the place . I actually don't know for sure how much it's helping him because he's also on adderral. It's only a couple of days. So I'm gonna wait and see. But definitely it's not in the system for 24 hrs the one I have.

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 7:45 pm
Intuniv is the extended release medication. The 4-6 hour version is called (generically) guanfacine, as opposed to guanfacine XR.

Check your prescription bottle, and let the prescriber know if you somehow ended up with the short acting version.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 8:06 pm
What the difference if I have the short acting one? Thanks imasinger for your response.

My bottle says guanfacine er. But it's till not giving him anything more then 12 hrs. He's back to hyperactive self now. It's obviously out. Or it's not high enough of dose

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 8:21 pm
If the bottle says ER, it should be lasting a whole lot longer.

Talk to your doctor about what you are seeing.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 8:35 pm
I'm gonna give a couple more days since this is new medication. And then talk to the doctor. Thanks anyway
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics