Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
6 year old girl behavior at home/school
Previous  1  2

STMommy

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 1:42 pm
Please don't start on your own with a home behavioral program until you've ruled out other things and are consulting with professionals.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 2:03 pm
Op here.. I have already written for an eval with dept of Ed. She was evaluated with CPSE when she was 5 but was denied. She def has sensory issues but wasn't enough of a delay but will try again.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:
Op here.. I have already written for an eval with dept of Ed. She was evaluated with CPSE when she was 5 but was denied. She def has sensory issues but wasn't enough of a delay but will try again.

Have you had a full OT evaluation for her?

Though I've always thought my DD has sensory issues, surprisingly that did not come up in a full sensory evaluation....but you never know.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:04 am
She sounds like me when I was 6, in first grade. Turns out I was suffering from depression. Depression looks totally different in a chld than in an adult. Please take her to a child psychologist ASAP.

Also, please get her evaluated for speech therapy, sensory issues, and ADHD. I had ADHD and sensory issues which were undiagnosed until was age 7-9.

5*Mom

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
She sounds like me when I was 6, in first grade. Turns out I was suffering from depression. Depression looks totally different in a chld than in an adult. Please take her to a child psychologist ASAP.

Also, please get her evaluated for speech therapy, sensory issues, and ADHD. I had ADHD and sensory issues which were undiagnosed until was age 7-9.
A good pediatric neuropsychologist will evaluate for all these possibilities and more.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children