Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moving to Kensington is moving to BORO PARK

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:00 pm
K, I guess I'm bored.

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:07 pm
K I'm joining the fun! 😂

gp2.0

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:26 pm
Lol. It totally is. Except we do have a couple of our own schools, restaurants, grocery stores and clothing stores. But yeah, the BP takeover is almost complete.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:33 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Lol. It totally is. Except we do have a couple of our own schools, restaurants, grocery stores and clothing stores. But yeah, the BP takeover is almost complete.

And pediatricians and mikvahs.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:39 pm
I never really noticed & I don't agree since I cannot stand borough park & kensington is quite different to me

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:44 pm
I have to laugh seeing all these threads LOL

Williamsburg made it simple- everything is considered Williamsburg, even when geographically it is Bed-Sty, Clinton Hill, etc.

Carry on...

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:53 pm
amother wrote:

Williamsburg made it simple- everything is considered Williamsburg, even when geographically it is Bed-Sty, Clinton Hill, etc.

crown heights has done the same thing ... with neighboring blocks outside the parameters ... soon enough we'll all meet

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 12:02 am
My family moved to Williamsburg as early as 1918 (not chasidish) but I still can't get over the fact that Williamsburg was never chasidish to begin with and how it became completely Satmar. I live in Boro Park that also became Chasidish over the last thirty years and if I want to move to Lakewood it's also becoming more chasidish. I happen to be a little Chasidish but as they say to cross Ocean Parkway you need a passport. Love ya all!

gp2.0

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 10:51 am
cnc wrote:
And pediatricians and mikvahs.

And our own dentists and public library and park and bike paths and hardware stores and 99 cent stores and fish store and double header and the F train. Wait. We're missing a meat store. Kensington is incomplete. 🙈

Where's the Kensington Mikvah?

gp2.0

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 10:53 am
amother wrote:
My family moved to Williamsburg as early as 1918 (not chasidish) but I still can't get over the fact that Williamsburg was never chasidish to begin with and how it became completely Satmar. I live in Boro Park that also became Chasidish over the last thirty years and if I want to move to Lakewood it's also becoming more chasidish. I happen to be a little Chasidish but as they say to cross Ocean Parkway you need a passport. Love ya all!

Who says that? LOL Chassidim are crossing ocean pkwy in droves. Especially in the area closest to Kensington/Boro Park.

bsy

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 12:47 pm
We may use some things from Boro park but Kensington is most definitely not Boro park. I love living in Kensington but would never live in Boro park.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 1:18 pm
Oh please. I can tell a Kensington person from across the street !

bsy

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 1:26 pm
I'm genuinely curious. What are my telltale features from across the street?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics