Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moving to Airmont/Pomona/Wesley/Chestnut is moving to MONSEY

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:36 pm
'nuff said
LOL

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:36 pm
sorry I forgot the most important part in my title:

!!!

Mrs. Annie

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 7:55 am
Oh, and Spring Valley.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 8:15 am
New Hempstead, Suffern, New City, Montebello,

little neshamala

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 11:00 am
Ha ha I was thinking of starting this thread with the same title! Lol. Particularly chestnut ridge and new city...sorry guys...youre in monsey monsey monsey! :-D

Mrs. Annie

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 9:21 am
little neshamala wrote:
Ha ha I was thinking of starting this thread with the same title! Lol. Particularly chestnut ridge and new city...sorry guys...youre in monsey monsey monsey! :-D
OMG!! I was literally reading this while listening to "little neshomola" from Abie Rottenberg. OOOOOMG!

Ahuva

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
'nuff said
LOL

While you may concider these areas Monsey. They are in fact seperate villages. Some are in separate school districts, have different sanitation departments, different elected official, different zoning. These are some major differences that can play a role in deciding where to move.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 3:15 pm
Are the Schools all the same though...

Ahuva

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 3:18 pm
amother wrote:
Are the Schools all the same though...

Is that the one and only deciding factor of moving? Jewish schools are the same. But thats about it. Most of these areas even have seperate kosher supermarkets. Sharing a school does not make it one and the same.

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 5:20 pm
Ahuva wrote:
Is that the one and only deciding factor of moving? Jewish schools are the same. But thats about it. Most of these areas even have seperate kosher supermarkets. Sharing a school does not make it one and the same.

I agree with you. There is a different feel to the areas and a different style of dressing. The supermarkets carry different goods. The students tend to cluster in schools; although, there are no borders. I don't know anyone in my neighborhood that attends schools in New City. This is because of heskofer rather than distance.

alef12

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 5:57 pm
It's not really the same at all. Greater Monsey is very vast as to the types of people who live in the different areas. Someone who lives in Main Monsey and sends their kids to viznitz schools has nothing to do with someone who lives in New City and sends their kids to Ashar or someone who lIves in Chestnut Ridge and has boys in Cheder of Monsey. They live in different worlds. Might as well be different cities. They don't consider themselves part of the same community because they're not.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 6:54 pm
Wow. I absolutely disagree.
My aunt lives in Old Monsey, I live in Wesley, most of my friends live in Pomona and my children go to school in New City. Each neighborhood is so different.
Superficially speaking, the homes in each area are completely different. Religiously, the dress code in each area is completely different. Practically, the parks and supermarkets in these areas cater to different crowds and each of these neighborhoods is likely to be a separate library/school district and village/town.
So yes, they may all technically be Monsey but they are far from "...the same as."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics