Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Husband Fashion Help-- Urgent!!
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:05 pm
I'd suggest going to one of the Century 21 department stores in NJ. You can find everything there and hopefully at good prices.
Instead of a full suit purchase I'd go with good slacks (gray might look nice), a thin v-neck pull on sweater and a coordinating dress shirt that has some soft color or pattern. Loafers to finish it properly. No tie.
Good luck!

ETA: Mommy3b2c, do you have any link suggestions for DVOM? Tongue Out

amother
Green

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:08 pm
I recently bought my husband some suits on Amazon for 50$ each. They were on sale and had free returns so I ordered a bunch a retuned the ones that didn't fit. Look on Amazon for Perry Ellis suits or Kenneth Cole.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch

EM

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:16 pm
My husband says go to men's wearhouse or karako type store and buy a navy or grey suit. Most important thing for it to fit properly. White or blue shirt and tie. If you're around Monsey and he's my husband's size, he's happy to lend him stuff. Smile

newmother

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:16 pm
If you have a Burlington near you, they have tons of ties for under ten dollars that are really nice and you probably can find a nice sweater there too.

imeinu

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 11:16 pm
marshalls is also a great place for discounted items.
they have e/t you need in one place so it will be easier to coordinate before you even leave the store.

DVOM

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 9:28 am
Hi everyone, It's OP.

Interview's today embarrassed shock ! Thank you so much everyone for the help and suggestions. Mommy3b2b did send me links, which were really helpful just to see what this type of clothing is supposed to look like. In the end he is wearing navy dress pants, a light blue dress shirt, grey sweater, and grey sox and loafers. We didn't get our act together early enough to order online; he went shopping at JCrew outlet, which had almost everything. It kinda broke the bank, but these were worthwhile perchases. (We'll be eating alot of tuna and noodles this month!) He looks so cool! He decided against a blazer even though he tried tons on. It just felt so stiff and he wanted to feel comfortable and like himself at the interview.

I'll let you all know how it goes. The interview should last around 3 hours (!!!) first meeting with a panel of proffesors, then a tour, a writing sample... Wish us luck!

iyar

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 9:52 am
So nice of you to share the end of the story with us!
Sounds like you did a great job!
Hope the professors find your DH as impressive as his wardrobe!!!

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 12:26 pm
DVOM wrote:
Hi everyone, It's OP.

Interview's today embarrassed shock ! Thank you so much everyone for the help and suggestions. Mommy3b2b did send me links, which were ryeally helpful just to see what this type of clothing is supposed to look like. In the end he is wearing navy dress pants, a light blue dress shirt, grey sweater, and grey sox and loafers. We didn't get our act together early enough to order online; he went shopping at JCrew outlet, which had almost everything. It kinda broke the bank, but these were worthwhile perchases. (We'll be eating alot of tuna and noodles this month!) He looks so cool! He decided against a blazer even though he tried tons on. It just felt so stiff and he wanted to feel comfortable and like himself at the interview.

I'll let you all know how it goes. The interview should last around 3 hours (!!!) first meeting with a panel of proffesors, then a tour, a writing sample... Wish us luck!

Good luck and a sweaters just fine!

DVOM

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 3:00 pm
Hey all, OP here

I just wanted to share with you all the end of the story. My husband heard back from the school. He was waitlisted. We were really sad, but thankfully he was accepted to anther school, so we have a good back up plan.

Thanks again for all your help!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics