Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Birthday party places ideas in Queens NY

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 7:41 am
I've never made any birthday parties besides just in the house with family. My son will be 6 years old and I want to do something nice for him with his friends from school. Of course I can't invite just a few friends to the house, the teacher said I can either invite only the boys or the entire class. Does anyone know of places for birthday parties in Queens, NY area? I looked at the Y and My Gym. Seems like the prices are the "cheapest" but I'm still looking to see if there's something a bit cheaper. Of course I wish we could just do it in the house, but our apartment isn't big enough. We can't do it outside in the lawn because it's too cold. Any suggestions? thanks.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 7:48 am
Happy birthday!
If you'd like some traffic on this thread, edit your subject line to include "in Queens."

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:05 am
Does he have any interests?

Look into indoor play spaces. Mommypoppins.com has listings of these by borough and also suggestions for party places.

You can think out of the box also. Ask if your local fire house is willing to host a party. My brother had a party like that, but it was over 30 years ago. Or maybe the local library or the Queens zoo. There is a pizza store near LIJ that does pizza parties with make your own pizzas. Bumper bowling at Jib Lanes was popular when I was a kid.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
Does he have any interests?

Look into indoor play spaces. Mommypoppins.com has listings of these by borough and also suggestions for party places.

You can think out of the box also. Ask if your local fire house is willing to host a party. My brother had a party like that, but it was over 30 years ago. Or maybe the local library or the Queens zoo. There is a pizza store near LIJ that does pizza parties with make your own pizzas. Bumper bowling at Jib Lanes was popular when I was a kid.

He likes some sports, magic, dinosaurs. Thanks for letting me know about Jib Lanes. Apparently, they still do birthday parties over there. However, he never went bowling, but I think he'll be interested.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:48 am
OP here.

Actually, my son right now is really into magic and I'm going to buy him a magic kit for his birthday. I think he'd really love to have a magician for his birthday, but then I'd need to do it in my house and we don't have enough room for 11-27 kids (11 for boys, 27 is the entire class if I want). Any ideas if I can work out having a magician?

ange

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:50 am
Thrive studio has lots of kids programming in a variety of interests, like a boys fitness/exercise class, they also do paint parties and I know she advertised for winter vacation camp so they can probably create something fun for him.

I used to go there when it was under the old management but it seems like they can cater to parties now to in addition to the traditional exercise classes they hold.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers