Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
I had to apologize for a exam

finprof

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 7:44 pm
I have been teaching for many years and never messed up this bad! I had a really high fever for a couple of days but no other symptoms so I just went to class as normal - I teach 3 classes MWF so it was manageable or so I thought! Turns out it wasn't ok ( duh right?!) I wrote a horrible exam that made no sense! The multiple choice questions had either 2 or more correct answers or were just so badly worded that I couldn't figure out what I meant and one of the problems was workable but totally incorrect to anyone who understood the theory! Seriously on the whole exam only 1 question was written as I intended:(

I gave them all the points for my errors and apologized but I still feel bad. Plus it's only my second semester at this college and I have advanced standing toward tenure so pretty much all I. Have ate first impressions:( ... Most of the students know me already so that helps but still.... embarrassed embarrassed

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 7:51 pm
It sounds like you handled it really well. Honestly, I would respect you more. It's hard to find teachers who are humble enough to admit their mistakes and apologize for them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics