Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Day Without Immigrants- In Your Community?
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:08 pm
amother wrote:
Becuz I live in Monsey. And u scare me.

But why wolud my usrnaem help you give a soure? Why does it matter who I am?

Seriously, what are you afraid of? Is she going to come through the screen and punch you?

wondergirl

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:10 pm
amother wrote:
That's $20 million in CalWORKs and $34 million in food stamp issuances. $648. Close enuf.

no idea weher the othre numbers come from.

I only calculated Calworks and did not include food stamps in the calculation. So Calworks alone is 240 million a year for the children of illegal aliens. The nearly 500 million that is added on top of that (why do they add it if the children are already covered?) is at the bottom of the article. I unfortunately cannot read it for you so you will have to read the entire article yourself. Good luck.

Last edited by wondergirl on Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

cbsp

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:12 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Except we didn't. 🙄

The site has an agenda but I know at least the 1986 one did take effect:

https://www.numbersusa.com/con......html

Don't have time right now to verify the rest

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:15 pm
wondergirl wrote:
I only calculated Calworks and did not include food stamps in the calculation. So Calworks alone is 240 million a year for the children of illegal aliens. The nearly 500 million that is added on top of that is near the bottom of the article. I unfortunately cannot read it for you so you will have to read the entire article yourself. Good luck.

Ill read it for you:

It says:

Quote:
An estimated 100,000 children of 60,000 undocumented parents receive aid in Los Angeles County, according to Antonovich, who said this year’s projections — up about $1 million from the nearly $53 million in total benefits issued in July 2012 — underscore the economic impact of the nation’s immigration debate.

Those are the nmubers we both mentioned.

Then it sez

Quote:
“When you add the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” Antonovich said in a statement. “These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education.”

But it deosn't say where those numbers come from. Or rhat they are. Or how thy figure its for illegal if its really for American citizens. I eman, one secodn its $54 million. The next its $500 mullion. Where do those numbers come from.

And what do they have to do with federal funing of free clinic.

wondergirl

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
But it deosn't say where those numbers come from. Or rhat they are. Or how thy figure its for illegal if its really for American citizens. I eman, one secodn its $54 million. The next its $500 mullion. Where do those numbers come from.

And what do they have to do with federal funing of free clinic.

The entire article covers only illegal aliens so why would you even think that any of this money goes to an American citizen? And as I said, I will do some research next week to see if the numbers match to the free clinics in L.A

Either way, the article states that "the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” Antonovich said in a statement. “These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education"

How do you feel now that you know that taxpayers in L.A paid over 1.6 billion a year to support illegal aliens? And that does not even include the costs of education which would presumably cost millions more a year. Do you still believe that you are getting cheap labor by hiring an illegal alien to clean your house for $12 dollars a hour?

Last edited by wondergirl on Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

gp2.0

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:23 pm
cbsp wrote:
The site has an agenda but I know at least the 1986 one did take effect:

https://www.numbersusa.com/con......html

Don't have time right now to verify the rest

Very interesting, thanks.

So the last time we provided amnesty was 17 years ago?

How does this help illegal immigrants today?

Why were the amnesty laws only valid for a limited amount of time? Why not pass amnesty laws that would apply to the future?

And since we've already done this, doesn't that give us actual numbers about if and how the economy is affected?

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:31 pm
wondergirl wrote:
The entire article covers only illegal aliens so why would you even think that any of this money goes to an American citizen? And as I said, I will do some research next week to see if the numbers match to the free clinics in L.A

Either way, the article states that "the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” Antonovich said in a statement. “These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education"

How do you feel now that you know that taxpayers in L.A paid over 1.6 billion a year to support illegal aliens? And that does not even include the costs of education which would presumably cost millions more a year. Do you still believe that you are getting cheap labor by hiring an illegal alien to clean your house for $12 dollars a hour?

IT VERY CLEARLY SAYS THAT THE AID IS GOING TO ILLEGAL ALIENS FOR THEIR KIDS WHO ARE "NATIVE BORN." CITIZENS.

And I don't hire an illegal alein to clean my house. My home hepl is a citizen. And I pay her closre to $20 an hour.

wondergirl

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 4:07 pm
amother wrote:
IT VERY CLEARLY SAYS THAT THE AID IS GOING TO ILLEGAL ALIENS FOR THEIR KIDS WHO ARE "NATIVE BORN." CITIZENS.

As I said previously, being born in America or being a citizen of America does not mean that you qualify for govt assistance automatically.

1.6 billion a year plus millions more for education is a lot of money for 100,000 kids. How are they receiving so much aid if they don't have to show financial documents to prove that they are eligible to receive these benefits in the first place?

How do they prove that they were born in America and who paid for the cost of healthcare for the illegal mother during pregnancy, labor, hospital stay, etc?

It is not the tax payers fault that illegal aliens chose to break the laws by coming here illegally so why are taxpayers responsible to pay this much money for the children of illegal aliens who broke the law and do not pay taxes in the first place?

How come American born kids born to American citizens have to provide documents to prove that they qualify for govt benefits if we supposedly treat everyone fairly and equally?

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 4:36 pm
wondergirl wrote:
As I said previously, being born in America or being a citizen of America does not mean that you qualify for govt assistance automatically.

1.6 billion a year plus millions more for education is a lot of money for 100,000 kids. How are they receiving so much aid if they don't have to show financial documents to prove that they are eligible to receive these benefits in the first place?

How do they prove that they were born in America and who paid for the cost of healthcare for the illegal mother during pregnancy, labor, hospital stay, etc?

It is not the tax payers fault that illegal aliens chose to break the laws by coming here illegally so why are taxpayers responsible to pay this much money for the children of illegal aliens who broke the law and do not pay taxes in the first place?

How come American born kids born to American citizens have to provide documents to prove that they qualify for govt benefits if we supposedly treat everyone fairly and equally?

Ironically, you have citizens here pretending to be illegal immigrants to get free root canals and caps.
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics