Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Jewish wig styles

sourstix

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 3:54 pm
where on earth do they take them from? I just googled hairstyles for 2017 and I didnt see any curls? whats up with the jewish styles? im just wondering thats all. not criticizing or anything. just a discussion. so seriously where do these sheitel machers take the styles from?

cnc

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 5:27 pm
Curls are not really the in fashion sheitel style now.
There are some styles that are classics though.

sourstix

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 5:37 pm
ok just google sary, kiki, rosemarie and all jewish companies instagram. see the curls there.
https://www.instagram.com/sarywigs/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/miriwigs/?hl=en

agreer

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 6:00 pm
Curls will always be in fashion for simchos/events...

I don't get it... Do you want to wear curls, or are you wondering why people are wearing curls?

IMO, a flattering style is so much nicer than what's "in fashion".

sourstix

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 6:04 pm
I guess in my circles whats in is really what I see. when I go to simchas I see the styles right away. the curls are all around. about a year ago the side bangs now its straight bangs. long side bangs. middle part. you get it?

I want to be somewhat in style. im not gonna walk around in 20 years old style. I dont have to have the style all the time neither do I like them all. I love the curls. but they do take more time to care for. more often wash and set. they get more tangled. I guess I cant have them all. I dont have any curls yet. so I guess I will try them. they look gorgeous.

seeker

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 6:25 pm
Get a curling iron and no more worries about wash and sets. I'm sure most people have it done only once in a while and just touch it up with an iron in between.

Though I think that specific styles gone overboard are silly. Curls are nice. Everyone suddenly having lots of curls everywhere even if they never thought about it before is a fad.

OutATowner

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 6:52 pm
So funny, because I was noticing the beachwave/curls everywhere...just got mine restyled so ot catches my eye. Lowes commercials, weigh watcher commercials...lol

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 7:16 pm
OutATowner wrote:
So funny, because I was noticing the beachwave/curls everywhere...just got mine restyled so ot catches my eye. Lowes commercials, weigh watcher commercials...lol

I bought a curly/wavy sheitel from Milano. Honestly, I can patchke with it, but it looks much better if I get caught in the rain! The frizz goes away, and the curls are perfect. When I lived in Seattle, I always laughed at the women running to shul with a plastic baggie over their hair. In the 5 blocks it took me to get to shul, my hair looked fantastic. Very Happy

Nice to know that beachy waves are in style. Now I don't have to worry about my sheitel looking outdated.

I did see a woman at the dentist's office today, with a double covering. She looked a bit like Jackie O. Very short dark sheitel, cut "Jackie style", with a had that looked like it came from Disney Land, but instead of ears, it had a big sequined blow on top, kind of like a fancy cocktail hat. She looked like she was about 17, and it seemed odd to see her so dressed up in the middle of the day, in such a matronly outfit.

sky

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 8:31 pm
I think everything goes these days, bangs, no bangs, side bangs, wisps, middle part, side part.
Although I do think no bangs is the most in, if you have the patience to style your sheitel regularly.
I think my next sheitel I'd like to go a little shorter then I wear now.
I love these type of looks
http://womenshair.about.com/od.....owall
specifically #4 and #7. I wonder how that long side "bang" would work with a sheitel.

sourstix

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 8:37 pm
thats why im leaning toward straight bangs its out of my face and doesnt need too much being done. just brush it and voila its nice. I am seeing it more and more.

sky

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 9:09 pm
I have straight full bangs. I'm never sure if they are in or out - but they are really easy to wear. I just feel like they look dirty before the rest of the sheitel, stringy and stick together. My sheitel machur recommended a certain dry shampoo but I didn't think it made such a difference.
I would hate to wear a sheitel wear I had to redo the pins every time I put it on - its just not my personality.

trixx

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 9:25 pm
first of all, frum jews make their own style (try wearing a mimu maxi in real life)
secondly wig styles are a fashion world unto themselves. it's a wig not hair

sourstix

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 9:27 pm
mimu maxi

whats that?

nicole81

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:17 pm
trixx wrote:
first of all, frum jews make their own style (try wearing a mimu maxi in real life)

I wear mimu maxi. The first time I wore it to an office full of non frum/jewish fashionistas, they all loved it and wanted to know where I got it.

Regarding curls, maybe try something with natural texture. It won't have that sculpted look, and you never have to worry about the curls falling or the style getting messed up.

cnc

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:31 pm
trixx wrote:

Many many non Jews wear Mimu Maxis.
They got lots of exposure after being written up several times in the non Jewish world.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:42 pm
I don't particularly care what's in style. I wear what suits my face and hope it will last a loooong time. My everyday sheitel is about to have a bar mitzvah so it was worth every penny I spent on it. It's a custom curly wig that looks just like my hair used to before I started covering it when I got married. It's getting rather threadbare (hairbare?) now so it's really time for a new one.

I replaced my shabbos/simcha wig after 10 years. The sheitel vendor tried to sell me something ombre and I just laughed because I was certainly not going to buy something that was sure to go out of style quickly. I did buy a slightly longer wig than I had originally and one that could hold curls if I wanted but also would look nice straight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics