Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Can someone explain?

glamourmom

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 8:10 am
the Kimmel-Damon fued?
is it just for entertainment purposes? is there some truth in it?
it's very comical but I'm curious if it's real or not.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 8:14 am
http://uproxx.com/tv/jimmy-kim.....on/2/

Just googled it.

glamourmom

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 8:16 am
I searched it online too but wiki wasn't very informative.

I can't open the link. if possible, when you have a minute please copy and paste it?

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 8:19 am
It's hysterical! I'm quite sure it's a joke. I think they're friends irl. I love to watch it!

youngishbear

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 8:20 am
Quote:
Jimmy Kimmel And Matt Damon’s Fake Feud: A Refresher Course
DEJEN ISAAC AND KRIS MASKE 02.14.16

Since nearly his show’s inception, Jimmy Kimmel has closed every episode with, “Apologies to Matt Damon, we ran out of time.” And despite regular appearances to play off the gag, tonight marks the first time EVER Matt Damon will appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live as a legitimate guest (MD doesn’t go on past midnight, y’all). To commemorate the occasion I’ve compiled this abbreviated guide/refresher to how a simple throwaway line early in the show’s history snowballed into a fake Hollywood feud for the ages. All video clips start at the exact moment necessary so as to not waste any time.

To begin let’s dial back the clock to the mid-naughts when the show wasn’t, um, quite the success it is today. Kimmel recently explained in an interview with NPR:

“We had a bad show. … The guests were bad, and I was feeling pretty bad about myself at the end of the program. And I decided to say, for the amusement of one of our producers who was standing next to me … ‘I want to apologize to Matt Damon. We ran out of time.’ … And he got a kick out of it, the producer, so I just started doing it every night to amuse him.

“Matt Damon was just the first name that popped into my head. I was trying to think of an A-list star, and somebody we absolutely would not bump if he was on the show. … The legs on this bit are unbelievable to me. I mean, people laugh every time I say it. … Repeating the same joke every single night, you’d think eventually people would get tired of it, but they don’t.”

Here’s a quick cut up of the gag that the JKL YouTube channel released earlier this week. It ends with a clip from Kimmel’s 2006 primetime special where Jimmy took so long to introduce Matt that — of course — time ran out.

Damon turned the tables on Kimmel in 2008 with the help of Jimmy’s then girlfriend, Sarah Silverman, and a little ditty your mom may even have heard of: “I’m F*cking Matt Damon.”

Which of course Jimmy responded to in 2009 with his own version entitled “I’m F*cking Ben Affleck.” Damon agreed to cameo on Entourage he was so heartbroken.

The Bourne Ultimatum later became a prop to escalate the feud.

This led to Jimmy being evicted from The Handsome Men’s Club.

UPDATE: Thanks to commenter Latrell for the reminder of the Movie: The Movie slight.

All of which lead to Jimmy Kimmel welcoming Matt Damon on his show for the first time with this official statement: “May God help Damon if he dares show his stupid face.” Damon took a combative approach:

You can watch the highlights from that takeover show right here.

Damon would later make it back on Jimmy Kimmel Live as part of the cast of The Monuments Men. Unfortunately, technical difficulties kept him from answering any of Kimmel’s questions.

Because things may have gone a little too far, Jimmy and Matt tried couples counseling.

It didn’t seem to pan out, as Damon was still waiting to go on Kimmel, and even offered fans to wait with him.

This came to a head after the 2016 Oscars, as Ben Affleck intervened to help resolve the feud. Kimmel wasn’t having any of it, though.

For the world premiere of Jason Borne in Las Vegas, a mulleted “Matthew from South Detroit” crashed Aunt Chippy’s game of blackjack, much to Kimmel’s chagrin.

With tensions reaching a high point, the two gave couple counseling another go.

After insults were hurled about his man bun, Damon then launched an attack ad on Kimmel’s run for VP.

Not satisfied, Damon then chastised Kimmel for his 2016 Emmy loss.

The day after the Patriots shocking Super Bowl victory, Damon uses a little trickery to sneak his way back onto the show fool Kimmel.

The gag was worthy of a celebration.

Consider yourself refreshed.

The following week, Damon and Kimmel faced off over paternity on Maury and it ended with a surprise guest taking the spotlight."

Sorry but apparently the YouTube clips didn't copy here.

glamourmom

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 8:27 am
thanks youngish bear.

I kind of knew most of this already. I thought there was something more there. thanks for the overview. it's pretty funny.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 8:43 am
glamourmom wrote:
the Kimmel-Damon fued?
is it just for entertainment purposes? is there some truth in it?
it's very comical but I'm curious if it's real or not.

Lol. It's a joke that's been going on for over 10 years already. One night jimmy kimmel was feeling blah on his show, he could only get "z list" celebrities so as a joke at the end of his show , he said "apologies to Matt Damon we ran out of time." The producer loved it and he started saying it every night. So then matt Damon got in touch with him, to find out why he was picked, and then they became really good friends and the joke feud has continued ever since. I personally love it! It cracks me up. I hate it when people take themselves to seriously, especially celebrities. This shows A really light side to them.

glamourmom

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 8:46 am
their most recent baby daddy escapade is hysterical.

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 11:41 am
glamourmom wrote:
their most recent baby daddy escapade is hysterical.

I know. It made me laugh out loud. It was a really creative joke!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics