Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How are we supposed to live??
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

kb

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 9:52 am
SixOfWands wrote:
But you can have a good idea.

When you're an unskilled worker making just above minimum wage, and not trying to gain skills needed for a new position, you pretty much know that your income potential is limited.

If you're a world-renowned brain surgeon, you pretty much know you'll be making bank even if the hospital you practice in closes.

That's the frustrating thing with OP, IMNSHO. People have made reasonable suggestions about increasing income, but she has rejected them all. Doing nothing means nothing changes.

Most skilled labor requires learning and apprenticeship. Plumbing. Electrical. Automotive. Welding. You can make decent money, but it takes time. And most unskilled labor doesn't pay well.

The only other suggestion I have is not likely to be well taken, but what the heck. Sanitation worker. After 5 years, with overtime, they can make close to $90,000 a year in NYC. But its not an easy job to get. Or one that most people would want.

Honestly, what bothered me with this (slightly off tangent) conversation was more that amother felt that she could say something extremely rude and judgemental because she was another and not using her screen name.

There is, of course, hishtadlus that needs to be done.

I have given up on addressing op because I honestly don't think she's looking for a solution.

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 11:16 am
Fwiw, my husband's company is looking to hire semi-computer literate people, no experience/necessary. His starting salary is 40k+nice benefits. Nice frum working environment. PM me if you want more deatils
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics