Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Iso hockey / kallah mm ideas

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:07 pm
In the past mm ideas usually just came to me. This year, I'm blank, so im turning to you ladies for some help. DS wants to be a hockey player. DD wants to be a kallah (this is the first year, I can't find a way to link the two for a theme) Any suggestions for packaging and what to put in to mm for their friends? Thanks so much.

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 7:36 pm
Would your daughter go as a cheerleader?

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 8:14 pm
Squishy wrote:
Would your daughter go as a cheerleader?

I wish! I asked several times. But I'm not one to make her dress up as something she doesn't want.

imasinger

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 8:17 pm
Don't link them. Do something yummy for MM and skip the theme.

Your kids will see that their opinions and wishes count more than shtick that everyone will forget in the rush anyway.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 8:53 pm
imasinger wrote:
Don't link them. Do something yummy for MM and skip the theme.

Your kids will see that their opinions and wishes count more than shtick that everyone will forget in the rush anyway.

I'm not linking them. They each know that they are 100% entitled to their individual opinion. That is much more important to me than theme. Just looking for cute ideas for hockey mm and separately kallah mm for their friends.

imasinger

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 9:13 pm
Oh, OK. Hockey -- any candy that looks like a hockey puck, freeze pops (you can let them put them in their own freezers), lollipops or something on a stick where you could make a note about it.

Kallah - candy or chocolate roses/flowers, make little bags like they use to throw in shul.

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not linking them. They each know that they are 100% entitled to their individual opinion. That is much more important to me than theme. Just looking for cute ideas for hockey mm and separately kallah mm for their friends.

Ah, OP made it sound like you were looking for a way to link them because you couldn't think of one.

I don't think most little kids make MM match up with their costume, but for kallah you can do those rings with a candy on them (ring pops?) and a candy necklace, in a white bag.

For a hockey puck you could use those chocolate-covered oreo cookies, I think Paskesz makes them? Don't remember but some Jewish brand like that definitely does. And they're good! Does his costume/favorite team have colors or a mascot that would help?

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 10:19 pm
sorry my op wasn't clear and thanks for the ideas. Keep em coming please.

Btw unfortunately I have noticed in previous years that their classmates match their mm to their costume

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 11:03 pm
How old are they? My thinking is that if they're old enough to really care about the MM matching the costume, then they're old enough to figure it out on their own. And the opposite - if they're not old enough to figure it out on their own, then they're probably not old enough to care that much either. Put in whatever nosh they like or whatever nosh is on sale or one of each to cover all bases - done.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 12:00 am
you could put in necklace and bracelet candies. They also sell the ring candies. You could also use these kallah favor boxes:

https://www.amazon.com/Bride-G.....avors

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 8:40 am
What about a mardi gras theme?

The individual themes are nice for friends and teachers, but what are you going to do for family MM? I have the same problem this year.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:36 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
you could put in necklace and bracelet candies. They also sell the ring candies. You could also use these kallah favor boxes:

https://www.amazon.com/Bride-G.....avors

Cute! Thanks

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:39 am
Squishy wrote:
What about a mardi gras theme?

The individual themes are nice for friends and teachers, but what are you going to do for family MM? I have the same problem this year.

How would I do a Mardi Gras theme?
I think for the family mm I might just do something simple and hopefully pretty - maybe the 3 clear boxes stacked and tied with a ribbon? Dunno. It's hard for me cuz I somehow easily had really cute and pretty themes every year. And yes I know that's not what it's about...it was fun for me and people have come to expect it from me.

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:46 am
amother wrote:
How would I do a Mardi Gras theme?
I think for the family mm I might just do something simple and hopefully pretty - maybe the 3 clear boxes stacked and tied with a ribbon? Dunno. It's hard for me cuz I somehow easily had really cute and pretty themes every year. And yes I know that's not what it's about...it was fun for me and people have come to expect it from me.

I have the exact same quandary. It is as easy to put together a theme as to do it without.

Oriental Trading has mardi gras stuff. You can glue gun the beads to the clear boxes with a coordinating bow if you want to use clear boxes. You could do a multi-colored challah and/or coordinating mints with foil wrapped candies.

You also could do a boy/girl theme emphasizing the tough macho roll and sweet feminine roll.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:51 am
Mardi Gras? With Catholic origins?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:56 am
ra_mom wrote:

Good point. Thanks

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:57 am
Squishy wrote:
I have the exact same quandary. It is as easy to put together a theme as to do it without.

Oriental Trading has mardi gras stuff. You can glue gun the beads to the clear boxes with a coordinating bow if you want to use clear boxes. You could do a multi-colored challah and/or coordinating mints with foil wrapped candies.

You also could do a boy/girl theme emphasizing the tough macho roll and sweet feminine roll.

Your suggestion for boy/girl could be cute - not sure how that would translate into mm tho

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 10:26 am
ra_mom wrote:

I know. When you start analyzing many things, they have their origins in The Church.

Mardi gras stuff is sold in the Purim stores and the Kosher supermarkets.

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 10:29 am
amother wrote:
Your suggestion for boy/girl could be cute - not sure how that would translate into mm tho

You could do alternating boy/girl colors. Also when you take pictures have the girl hold the hockey stick and the boy hold the bouquet. It's Purim.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics