Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Berkeley riot organizer = insane idealogue
  1  2  3  11  12  13  Next

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 8:03 am
I have never seen anyone (outside of a Hamas or Hezbollah member) who is more off her rocker than Yvette Felarca, the organizer of the recent Berkeley riots and a public school teacher. If this is the American political Left, our country is in serious trouble.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 8:19 am
Complete and total hypocrisy.

Or in other words, typical left.

She can get violent, destroy people's property etc without any reprisal, but the "fascist" person can't peacefully speak his views.

wondergirl

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:07 am
She is hostile and racist against white people and projecting herself onto them despite the fact that her own skin color is white. I would not allow my child to take any classes with her since she in incapable of remaining neutral and unbiased which is what is needed in order to work with a diverse population, including white people, and treat them fairly.

But I am not surprised by anything she says since this is a very typical attitude by many professors who are brainwashed to hate white people, including themselves, and indoctrinate their students accordingly. White students who do not "toe the line" are penalized for it severely so they end up being too scared to say anything which is a blatant violation of free speech.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new.....74767

http://insider.foxnews.com/201.....essor

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:10 am
ohmygosh wrote:
Complete and total hypocrisy.

Or in other words, typical left.

She can get violent, destroy people's property etc without any reprisal, but the "fascist" person can't peacefully speak his views.

Confalting her with the "typical left" is no different from conflating David Duke and the entire alt.right with Trump supporters.

iluvy

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:14 am
Which, to be fair, liberals do on a regular basis

sequoia

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:26 am
wondergirl wrote:
She is hostile and racist against white people and projecting herself onto them despite the fact that her own skin color is white. r

Asians are people of color.

wondergirl

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:55 am
sequoia wrote:
Asians are people of color.

Chinese people (and other Asians) consider themselves to be white because being tanned/colored equals to being poor and tanned from working in the fields all day.

https://lanivcox.com/2016/06/1.....skin/

https://www.laowaicareer.com/b.....rded/

Are there any statutes or court rulings that would legally designate them to be colored instead of white in America?

Last edited by wondergirl on Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:56 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Confalting her with the "typical left" is no different from conflating David Duke and the entire alt.right with Trump supporters.

In my experience, I have met a lot of educators on the left like her. I have yet to have met one alt right person in the teaching profession. I have met many people in life like her, but I have only one time been in the presence of neo- nazis and that was decades ago. There is danger of the people on the left shutting down free speech because of their educational positions of power. They have the ability to withhold grades which in turn effects scholarships if students don't espouse their views. They shut down faculty who don't agree either.

This woman should be arrested and removed from the teaching profession. She is no role model.

wondergirl

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 11:17 am
Here is some more of the double standards and hypocrisy that we are seeing in schools these days--teachers being disciplined for voicing their opinions of "a day without immigrants" day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.....e8b2?

Will Yvette Felarca be disciplined for any of her hateful speech or inciting violence against Milo (who is gay and Jewish) and his fans who have done nothing wrong or illegal or is she above the law bc she doesn't consider herself to be fascist?

ETA--these kids are going to school that is funded by tax dollars. They are disrespecting taxpayers who work hard to give them a free education and (the kids and their parents) should be penalized for it. They can play hooky on their own dime instead of taking advantage of taxpayers.

Fox

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 1:10 pm
Yvette Felarca and BAMN (their principles are on their website) see every problem in the world through the exclusive lenses of race and gender. If racism and sexism were to be magically eradicated, the world would be a perfect place and the lion would lie down with the lamb.

Many of us disagree with this analysis. We believe it is possible to acknowledge racism and sexism where it exists without attributing every problem to race and gender. We believe that there are many problems that have little or nothing to do with race or gender.

But Yvette Felarca is a very canny rhetorician. She does a great job using persuasive fallacies to make her case sound more reasonable than it should.

Redefining Terms
Felarca's opening salvo is the charge of "fascism." Fascism is a system of government; while it usually has a nationalistic component, it isn't really about discrimination. It's about who controls the state and how they do it. It is characterized by an ongoing real or artificial "state of emergency" that appears to require strong control at the national level.

But because of 20th century history, the charge of "fascist" brings to mind Hitler, Mussolini, and Pinochet. So Felarca redefines it to mean "racist, sexist, homophobic" so that it can be applied more widely.

In order to make the next jump, Felarca must establish that words, in and of themselves, constitute violence. Here she falters a little, re-casting a public address as "recruitment" and claiming that words lead inexorably to violence through a "mentality."

Enlarging the Charge
Having redefined "fascist" for her purposes, Felarca can now enlarge the alleged crime: after all, we know that fascists have committed genocide in the past; therefore, someone described as a fascist must be in favor of genocide.

So now we've moved from "someone whom I believe is wrong on race, gender, and homos-xuality" = "fascist" = "someone in favor of genocide."

How Can You Defend Genocide!?
Having now moved her target into the category of "someone advocating genocide," Felarca legitimizes the need to act "by any means necessary."
--------------------
The fact that groups like this have targeted Milo is evidence of just how few actual fascists there are to protest. Milo talks about culture, not government, and his views tend toward the libertarian. In fact, one of his primary talking points is that identity politics actually impedes progress toward a more equitable society.

Here's what Milo said at UC Colorado Springs earlier this year:

Milo Yiannopoulos wrote:
“The reality is, if you force everyone to play identity politics, if you insist in pitting whites against blacks, women against men, straights against gays, the reality is you guys are gonna win and the left isn’t going to like it very much. But there’s a better way. Don’t fight identity politics with identity politics.”

“White pride, white nationalism, white supremacy isn’t the way to go. The way to go is reminding them and yourselves that you should be aspiring to values and to ideas.”

“You should be focusing on what unites people and not what drives them apart. You shouldn’t give a **** about skin color, a **** about s-xuality… You shouldn’t give a **** about gender, and you should be deeply suspicious of the people who do.”

I understand that Yvette Felarca wants to make the world a better place, and I can appreciate that few middle school teachers get to be interviewed by Tucker Carlson. That said, creative, dedicated teachers can do more to eradicate poverty and inequality than all the protesters BAMN can muster. I wonder if Felarca is able to bring the same level of energy, dedication, and passion to her work.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 1:47 pm
Tucker Carlson is brilliant.

So, Milo is backed by Breitbart = facism
The left, backed by Soros = A-OK?

I'm a huge follower of Milo, and never have I ONCE hear him call for anyone to harm anyone, EVER. He calls for people to openly engage others with facts and figures, and without hysterical emotion.

Even when I don't agree with all of his talking points, I could never fault him in how civil and law abiding he is. When it comes down to pure intellectual discourse, Milo is pure class all the way (meaning, those times when he takes his clown hat off, and gets serious.)

Oh, and calling a Jewish/Catholic homozexual, who prefers the company of black men, a "neo-Nazi"? You just don't get much more absurd than that.

Fox

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:13 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Oh, and calling a Jewish/Catholic homozexual, who prefers the company of black men, a "neo-Nazi"? You just don't get much more absurd than that.

Of course, you do!

Panelists on Bill Maher suggested that his views are the result of his own "confusion" about who he is and his s-xual orientation. So then it was suggested that Milo is "damaged" and that his opinions are the exclusive result of undiagnosed pathologies.

In the past, his overdone jokes about his black boyfriend have inspired indignant screeds about how he is fetishizing black men.

And don't even ask about the reaction when he says he'd prefer to be straight and that effective conversion therapy should be developed for people who would prefer not to be gay.

Perhaps "not identifying yourself the way the left wants" can be added to the next edition of the DSM.

marina

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 3:52 pm
This professor is off her rocker and of course she is wrong.

That said, your sympathies are misplaced. Milo is a vile human being, using that term loosely. Here's an example of his views and anyone who claims to follow him or thinks he is "pure class all the way," should really look deep inside or talk to a therapist: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/.....razy/

A woman who kills her husband after he rapes their child is wrong. She has committed a crime and should pay the consequences. But my sympathies do not extend to the child rapist.

And here, I have exactly zero sympathy for the batshit crazy Milo.

marina

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 4:19 pm
You know, maybe the people on this website are not 100% sure of what I mean when I write that Milo is a vile human being.

Aside from the birth control article, here's another example.

Quote:
Yiannopoulos told fans at Minnesota State University that Joe Bernstein, a media writer at BuzzFeed News, represents “a typical example of a sort of thick-as-pig **** media Jew, who has all these sort of right, P.C. politics.” http://forward.com/fast-forwar.....jews/

this is the person you are defending in this thread.

wondergirl

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 5:35 pm
marina wrote:
This professor is off her rocker and of course she is wrong.

That said, your sympathies are misplaced. Milo is a vile human being, using that term loosely. Here's an example of his views and anyone who claims to follow him or thinks he is "pure class all the way," should really look deep inside or talk to a therapist: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/.....razy/

A woman who kills her husband after he rapes their child is wrong. She has committed a crime and should pay the consequences. But my sympathies do not extend to the child rapist.

And here, I have exactly zero sympathy for the batshit crazy Milo.

There is nothing in the article about a rapist or anyone killing someone so can you explain what you mean by the bolded sentences?

In regards to the article, I thought it was hysterical. It was written by a "religious" gay man who does not find women s-zy in the first place so I'm taking this as his humorous way of being pro-choice/birth control. Not sure why this would make you think he is a vile human being based on this article.

zohar

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 5:43 pm
Believe me, I have zero sympathy for Milo. He is a total troll, and is not conservative in the least. But in this scenario, the woman is the fascist. With all of Milo’s faults, he is not violent nor does he condone or incite violence.

sequoia

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 5:50 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Chinese people (and other Asians) consider themselves to be white because being tanned/colored equals to being poor and tanned from working in the fields all day.

https://lanivcox.com/2016/06/1.....skin/

https://www.laowaicareer.com/b.....rded/

Are there any statutes or court rulings that would legally designate them to be colored instead of white in America?

Several things:

1. Lots of cultures value pale skin. Not just Asians. Lots of cultures equate pale skin with class, wealth, worth, or a high caste.

That doesn't mean that they ARE white. It just means that they value pale skin.

2. "Whiteness" is a social construct. It used to only apply to WASPs. Gradually, grudgingly, to some extent and in some circumstances, it extended to Jews, Italians, and Irishmen.

Asians definitely do not possess whiteness. Asians are people of color.

3. In America, thank G-d, race is not included in any official documents. So I am assuming your last question was rhetorical.

Fox

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 7:27 pm
wondergirl wrote:
In regards to the article, I thought it was hysterical. It was written by a "religious" gay man who does not find women s-zy in the first place so I'm taking this as his humorous way of being pro-choice/birth control. Not sure why this would make you think he is a vile human being based on this article.

No, Milo is quite vociferously pro-life, though he acknowledges that there are circumstances in which abortions should be performed. In fact, he has a whole theological explanation of how one can be pro-life in general yet agree that abortion is necessary at times. Granted, none of this explanation has anything to do with us, but then, we weren't asking.

In a previous thread, Marina argued that Milo's birth control op-ed might lead overwhelmed or unprepared women to forego birth control. I argued that I didn't believe most women take into account Milo's opinion when making birth control decisions. The occasions when Milo has a dog in that particular fight are few and far between and likely involve a great deal of alcohol.

However, he strongly believes that women should not be bullied or prodded into becoming ersatz men, and that society should place greater value on traditionally feminine contributions while also recognizing the role of traditional masculinity. Most of his gender-related points come straight from Camille Paglia occasionally with a stop at Christina Hoff Sommers along the way.

Indeed, Milo goes too far from time to time and his fans and/or influencers do yank the chain back. The words, "Too much?" on Facebook will typically result in thousands of posts saying, essentially, "Dude, we love you, but yes. Too much."

However, it's maddening to see how many times quotes are taken out of context or a subsequent clarifying question/answer is omitted to create a damning profile. Right now, he's fighting off charges that he condones pedophilia based on a clip from an interview several years ago. Of course, if you listened to the whole interview, you know that he explicitly stated that he was not referring to s-x with underage young people and that he was responding to a question about his own experiences when he was younger. But there are people who really don't want him speaking at CPAC, so they're circulating this.

In short, Milo's oeuvre is not for everyone. He's often profane and says impolite things. If you're easily shocked or offended, he is not for you. But most of the people who call him names can't or don't want to be bothered to refute him with evidence.

As an aside, I'm waiting for Blaire White to tear the poor little lamb apart with her teeth for some things he said about transgender individuals on Bill Maher. Milo may be able to beat Ben Shapiro (particularly when waifu Ariana Rowlands chimes in on Twitter), but Ms. Blaire White is likely to leave blood on the floor for all those interns to clean up.

Fox

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 7:29 pm
sequoia wrote:
Several things:

1. Lots of cultures value pale skin. Not just Asians. Lots of cultures equate pale skin with class, wealth, worth, or a high caste.

That doesn't mean that they ARE white. It just means that they value pale skin.

2. "Whiteness" is a social construct. It used to only apply to WASPs. Gradually, grudgingly, to some extent and in some circumstances, it extended to Jews, Italians, and Irishmen.

Asians definitely do not possess whiteness. Asians are people of color.

3. In America, thank G-d, race is not included in any official documents. So I am assuming your last question was rhetorical.

Re Asians and Racism:

Why Social Justice Warriors Think It's Okay to Be Racist to Asians

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 8:42 pm
wondergirl wrote:
There is nothing in the article about a rapist or anyone killing someone so can you explain what you mean by the bolded sentences?

I also thought this was a humorous piece.
Page 1 of 13   1  2  3  11  12  13  Next Recent Topics